ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for an energetic, natural salesperson with a passion for travel, new places and people, to lead our sales efforts across our entire European portfolio of cycling and walking holidays. The role, supported closely by our management team, is an amazing opportunity to be the first designated salesperson in our business, and therefore to create a structure around how we sell and, in time, to build a sales team that is able to meet our ambitious objectives.
ABOUT THE SLOW CYCLIST (TSC)
Since 2015 TSC has been welcoming guests on imaginatively designed and exceptionally delivered cycling and walking journeys in Europe & Africa.
We believe travel is worth taking time over; that a great holiday means getting under the skin of a place and discovering the food, customs, history and people that make it special.
Our guests are discerning travellers with a bit of juice in their legs; those who appreciate our intimate knowledge of some of Europe and Africa’s most special landscapes and cultures. We have ambitious growth plans and will be adding ing business with the chance to be part of a dynamic team, with career and personal development opportunities
- Sell holidays to our entire portfolio of European destinations
- Develop good working knowledge of our ethos, and the holidays themselves
- Respond quickly and accurately to phone, email & web chat requests from the initial quote to confirmation of sale
- Maintain regular communication with key guests and group leaders to ensure high level of repeat custom
- Manage sales process through Salesforce CRM
- Develop relationships with travel agents in the UK, Europe and beyond
- Handle direct sales & travel agent enquiries and bookings, recognising the different needs and maximise all mutual opportunities.
- Maximise the commercial opportunity from every sales lead
- Work with our New Destinations team to plan sales targets for new trips
- Assist with new business development for our range of trips
- Work collaboratively with our after-sales team to ensure guests get the experience they are expecting
- Assist other departments on an ad-hoc basis, as required
YOU NEED TO...
- Be highly organised
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Be positive, motivated and hard-working
- Have an excellent phone manner
- Be able to work individually and as part of a team
- Be confident and professional with a calm demeanour
- Have the ability to aim for and achieve sales targets
** although experience in the travel sector is preferable, it is not a prerequisite.
We would like the successful applicant to come to our office in North Oxfordshire (OX15 6HW) at least twice a week (accommodation can be provided nearby); the remainder of the time you can work remotely.
COMMERCIAL / BENEFITS
- Salary up to £35k (based on experience)
- Commission based on sales targets up to max. 15% of base salary
- Opportunity to travel
- Increased annual leave based on length of service, starting at 22 days
- Birthday off
- Auto enrollment pension scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal training