At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
We’re looking for a Content & Community Manager: a true all-rounder who’s brimming with ideas and happy to get stuck in with different areas of Beam’s marketing function.
You’ll be a natural storyteller, a first-class writer and skilful user of social media. You'll be excited by the prospect of ownership, responsibility and making a major impact.
This is a brand new role that will sit within Beam’s growing Marketing function, while working directly with Beam’s Founder and CEO, Alex Stephany, on his social content.
- Owning strategy and execution for all Beam’s social channels - planning, producing and posting top-class content
- Using fresh, on-brand photography and video to tell the amazing stories of the people using Beam and our other stakeholders
- Briefing external videographers on creating compelling videos - or using your own video skills, if you have them
- Building high-impact brand and influencer partnerships to increase Beam’s brand visibility on and offline
- Crafting compelling award entries that celebrate Beam as a leader in fields including startups and social mobility
- Driving community engagement on Beam’s newsfeed by ensuring we’re capturing and publicising as many success stories as possible
- Writing copy for the website and working with external copywriters to keep Beam’s website and brand assets super engaging
- Working with our Events Manager to organise community and team events such as our annual retreat, Beamfest!
- Drafting email newsletters to drive donations and engagement
- Taking ownership of the Beam blog and using it as a powerful marketing tool
- Humble, empathetic and hungry to learn
- Excited about the possibilities of technology to bring change and keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Creative and brimming with ideas, with high attention to detail - you set meticulous standards for yourself and your work
- Someone who thrives under pressure and is unfazed by fast-paced environments and high expectations
- Able to make the role your own - this is an entirely new opening at Beam!
- Excellent written English, you know exactly how to pull in a reader with concise and engaging prose
- Ability to take strong photos and video with a smartphone - and perhaps you've picked up some deft photo or video-editing skills over the years
- Experience conceiving and creating gorgeous visual social posts with Canva or similar
- Experience working within tight budgets and ideally with a network of trusted freelancers
- 2+ years’ content marketing experience working in a fast-paced, ideally startup, environment
We’re a team of over 50 working from our beautiful coworking space in Moorgate and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from the Queen!) and we’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for by Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Humble, empathetic and hungry to learn
- Salary of £30,000 – £45,000 dependent on experience
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- A laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Moorgate office and home (2 days in the office, 3 from home)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
1. 30-minute video call with our Head of Communications
2. Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
3. Short presentation
4. Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.