Join a unique company that combines the excitement of working in a high-growth tech startup with the fulfilment of creating life-changing social impact
At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
About the role
We’re looking for a talented and hands-on Creative Content Producer who can take full ownership of Beam's creative content.
You'll be skilled at producing and editing videos and photography, and a first-class writer. A natural storyteller, you'll be brimming with ideas for how we can use content to engage Beam's multiple stakeholders.
This role would suit someone with an impressive creative portfolio e.g. a freelancer looking to channel their energies into a company with an amazing mission, or a marketer with hands-on experience creating multimedia content.
Example tasks include:
- Using your own video and photography skills to tell the amazing stories of the people using Beam and our other stakeholders
- Creating and repurposing top-class content for different platforms - from our website to social channels
- Writing copy for the website and working with external copywriters to keep Beam’s website and brand assets super engaging
- Crafting compelling award entries that celebrate Beam as a leader in fields including startups and social mobility
- Driving community engagement on Beam’s newsfeed by ensuring we’re capturing and publicising as many success stories as possible
- Feeding into the strategy and execution for all Beam’s social channels - planning, producing and posting top-class content
- Organising community events and supporting with our team events such as our annual retreat, Beamfest!
- Drafting email newsletters to drive donations and engagement
- Taking ownership of the Beam blog and using it as a powerful marketing tool
- Humble, empathetic and hungry to learn
- Excited about the possibilities of technology to bring change and keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Creative and brimming with ideas, with high attention to detail - you set meticulous standards for yourself and your work
- Someone who thrives under pressure and is unfazed by fast-paced environments and high expectations
- Able to make the role your own and work autonomously
- Excellent written English, you know exactly how to pull in a reader with concise and engaging prose
- An impressive portfolio of creative work, which could include: photography, videos, graphic design and copywriting
- Experience working within tight budgets and ideally with a network of trusted freelancers
We’re a team of over 100 working from our beautiful coworking space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 65% of the people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team.
- Salary of £30,000 – £45,000 dependent on experience
- EMI-qualifying share option
- Access to therapy, coaching, classes & content - powered by Oliva
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Discounted tech products with Techscheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Your own financial well-being coach, through Bippit
- Free therapy through Oliva
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
1. 30-minute video call with our Head of Communications
2. Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
3. Short presentation
4. Three informal chats with people at Beam
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.