Location: London (Oval), United Kingdom
Zen builds and scales online marketplaces which revolutionise the way organisations manage short and long term staffing needs.
In 2017 we launched Zen Educate, an online platform that has saved UK schools over £5M to date in supply teaching and recruitment costs. Think Uber for teachers.
Building on this success, we launched Zen Locum last summer - an online platform that matches locums (temporary workers) with pharmacies and opticians. We’ve had significant early traction in both verticals. Off the back of our traction in healthcare and education, we’re growing the team rapidly.
We are well-funded by high-profile investors and are led by start-up veterans behind two of London's most prominent tech companies.
Your chance to make a difference
This is your chance to join a high growth tech scaleup on the ground floor. As a key member of the Finance Team you will play a significant role in the development of the finance function within the company and have the opportunity for rapid career progression and learning.
Reporting directly to the CFO, responsibilities will be across both Financial Planning and Analysis and Financial Control.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) - Partnering with the business and managing our budgeting/forecasting process for the company, together with regular analysis of financial performance.
Financial Control - All things financial reporting, including KPI reports, month end reporting, payroll, accounts payable and receivable.
The main tasks are:
- Supporting on our month-end close process.
- Assisting in developing and revising forecasts throughout the year, challenging assumptions and ensuring known risks and opportunities are communicated to the business
- Monthly reconciliation of actuals to forecast and understanding variances. Communicating and discussing variances across the business.
- Collaborating with Sales, Marketing and Operations teams, acting as a finance business partner, supporting them with analysis to understand and improve financial performance
- Preparing and developing regular KPI reporting packs and board packs.
- Working closely with different teams on reporting improvements, to unlock layers of analysis. For example cohort analysis and calculation of LTV
- Developing and running processes around cost control and expense tracking
- Oversee transaction processing and credit control
- Developing financial control and reporting processes for our new US subsidiary
Our Ideal Candidate
- 3+ years experience in finance role in a fast-paced environment
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Strong financial modeling and exceptional Excel skills
- Proven ability to understand and manipulate large data sets and quickly construct financial analysis
- A strong emphasis on accuracy and quality
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Previous use of Xero preferable
- Passion for the education sector and commitment to the company’s success
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Ownership in the company via stock options
- Excellent opportunity for career progression
- 25 days holiday
- Convenient Central London office
- Fun-loving, tight-knit team solving a problem that makes a difference
- Summer hours, lunch-time yoga, free fresh fruit and various other perks