Basis: Full time
Duration: 6 month fixed term contract with potential to go perm
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: London Office or Remote
Title: Sales and Marketing Intern
Would you like to work with the most innovative startups? Do you want to be part of a community that critically questions the status quo of work?
WorkinStartups is a platform for the brightest ideas to get off the ground. Over the last 10 years we’ve helped thousands of startups to find the right talent to grow their team and scale, as well as jobseekers to find that unique early stage startup role that could change their lives. Today, we’ve grown to over 100k users forming a unique community to discuss all things startup. We also observe how the world of work is changing and cover key topics such as remote work, sustainability startups, gender, diversity and belonging at work.
We are a small team of quirky and fun individuals who love their jobs. We don’t just talk about remote work, we live remote work hence understand the challenges and reap the benefits. We are a standalone brand but lucky to be part of the Adzuna network, an international job search platform operating in 20 countries with some of the brightest minds in the recruitment industry. That means, although we operate fairly independently, you’d be joining the wider Adzuna team that doesn’t just cover London but spans across several continents - from Europe, US to Australia, providing an amazing opportunity to learn from each other, share best practice and grow. Sounds ideal? Please read on!
This is the ideal role for someone at the start of their career OR someone who would like to change their career - learning about both sales and marketing and how they feed into each other. You’ll be supporting the key operations of the WorkinStartups site, first and foremost answering customer enquiries as well as creating content for the weekly newsletter and WorkinStartups website. You’ll sit at the centre of our community, reviewing and approving new startups requesting to join / getting customer feedback on a daily basis therefore spotting the most innovative businesses and brightest ideas early on that could turn into new partnership opportunities, a critical article or discounted offer for our community - this is a role where you can make a real difference from day 1!
From sales and marketing, operations, product, design and web development - this role will give you the opportunity to get a 360 degree view of what it takes to run a small business, a startup role as good as it gets!
This role would suit a person who thrives on working with people and building relationships as well as copywriting and storytelling. Someone who enjoys multitasking, focusing on a great variety of tasks & solving problems instead of focusing on one niche area. Team fit will be key so if you are a critical thinker who is passionate about the startup industry and questions the status quo, curious about how we can create a better world of work in the future please get in touch!
You’d be able to write and work on a great variety of subjects from remote working lifestyle, startup funding, diversity, sustainability and impact startups = any prior experience in these areas would be nice to have but is not required, for us passion & motivation is key! Hence, we will prioritise applications including cover letters outlining the motivation for this role.
Previous interns at WorkInStartups and Adzuna have gone on to secure roles within the business or have great success in other marketing roles in other companies we have referred them to, so while we make no promises about a permanent position, we would welcome applications for those who are looking for a career in this area beyond the initial 6 months internship.
- Reward: We offer a competitive financial package which includes competitive salary, stock options and a contributory pension scheme.
- Wellbeing: We take the wellbeing of our employees seriously and have taken every step possible to protect the health and wellbeing of our people during COVID-19. Amongst other things, we offer healthcare through Babylon Health, access to free counselling and a programme of wellbeing activities and events. We also run regular wellbeing workshops, offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave because we welcome people with families, and 25 days paid holiday per year
- Flexible working: We have a flexible working policy which means any full time (non-remote) employee can work from home for up to two days per week on an ongoing basis. You can also request to work additional days from home
- Training: Through our Adzuna Academy training programme, attending conferences, team training budgets, individual development plans and coaching from experienced and supportive peers and managers.
- Fun stuff: An environment that is thoughtfully designed to allow for work and play including (when we’re not restricted by COVID-19) a roof terrace, bar and table tennis. We have a packed social calendar, twice annual global team get-togethers and an enviable culture thanks to the amazing and smart people who make Adzuna a great place to work. Lots of this is all done remotely to reflect the hybrid nature of our workforce and to ensure that all our people feel included.
A bit more about Adzuna (the parent company of WorkinStartups!)
Adzuna is a smarter, more transparent job search engine used by tens of millions of visitors per month. We love using the awesome power of technology to bring together every job in one place, help match people to better, more fulfilling jobs and keep Britain working.
Adzuna.co.uk is a 115 person business operating across 20 territories and was founded in 2011 by Andrew Hunter and Doug Monro, formerly of eBay, Gumtree, Qype and Zoopla.
We are backed by leading Venture Capital firms Passion Capital, LocalGlobe, Index Ventures and Smedvig Capital.
We’ve spent a decade developing smarter, more transparent job search so jobseekers worldwide (we’re in 20 countries) can zero in on the right role faster.
We also supply real-time data to the Number 10 Dashboard and Office for National Statistics labour market indices. In 2018, Adzuna won the contract to run Find a job, one of the British government’s most used online services.
We treat jobseekers as people not as products. We do the same for our team, seeing the diverse range of strengths they bring to our business. Regardless of background, race, gender, sexuality or ability, we welcome everyone to our team. Our people are the most important asset we have.
Please let us know if we need to accommodate a disability during the hiring process, so that we can give you the support you need.
Please include a motivational letter (min 200 words) outlining your motivation to join our company. Due to the high volume of applications, we will not consider applications without a motivational letter.
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme.