We are looking for a research and engagement manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a senior researcher to join a growing organisation and work on innovative projects that bridge the gap between health and wellbeing and the built environment.
The Quality of Life Foundation
The Quality of Life Foundation’s vision is for a housing system that improves people’s quality of life in their homes and neighbourhoods over the long term.
We have carried out research into what people need from their local areas; designed a quality of life framework; and are instigating practical projects to support more long-term thinking in industry and government. We are a small but influential organisation and are looking to grow over the coming years.
Research and engagement
- Continue building / updating the evidence base to underpin the argument for a health-and-wellbeing approach to the built environment.
- Based on the evidence, lead the ongoing review of our Quality of Life Framework and suggest and support changes to local and national policy (in collaboration with our Comms and Policy Manager).
- Identify, develop and pursue new strategic directions for the Foundation.
- Contribute to research bids and business development.
- Provide quality assurance on reports and documentation.
- Provide oversight of all research and engagement projects (process, progress and outputs, including financial progress and KPIs).
- Manage our Researcher and Senior Engagement Officer, who are responsible for the day-to-day running of individual research and engagement projects.
- Provide guidance, support and coaching to junior team members.
- Provide effective communication with clients and stakeholders.
- Manage and build relationships with other organisations to develop and grow our policy/campaigns work.
- Raise the Foundation’s profile by representing/speaking at external events.
- Write blogs and articles to establish our thought leadership, disseminate research/evidence and build our policy credibility.
You will have experience and knowledge of designing and carrying out qualitative and quantitative research projects from proposal through to delivery, with strong social research and project management skills. Also:
- Interest in health and wellbeing issues and how they relate to people’s built environment;
- Interest in designing and managing large-scale research projects;
- Excellent attention to detail, organised and solutions-focused;
- Time management skills, working across multiple projects and prioritising tasks efficiently;
- Be logical, with the ability to understand and synthesise data from a variety of sources;
- Experience in developing questionnaires and fieldwork materials;
- Excellent communication, client handling and supplier negotiation skills;
- Strong writing skills and experience of preparing written reports and presentations, with a high level use of English, including the ability to write in a variety of styles;
- Proven ability to work well in teams;
- Ability to manage others and to provide support and guidance to team members;
- Proficiency in Excel, and ideally in SPSS and/or other data analysis packages;
When to Apply
The deadline for applicants is Tuesday 30th August 2022.
How to Apply
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com using the subject ‘Research and Engagement Manager’. Your covering letter should outline your experience, why you would be suited for the role and why you want to work for the Quality of Life Foundation.
We are committed to promoting diversity and inclusion and welcome applications from all backgrounds.