About the job PR & Media Officer
Are you a PR expert who is fed up with the corporate world and wants to join a truly purposeful organisation that would immensely benefit from your skills and experience?
Do you have your own network of connections and ideas to last you a lifetime? Are you comfortable wearing many hats, like helping with social media, nurturing relationships with potential partners, and writing newsletters, while leading PR and Media opportunities efforts?
hey PR experts, are you looking for a real change?
Then you might be the ideal person to join Migrateful as our first PR and Media Officer!
Migrateful is a charity and social enterprise, a cookery and language initiative where asylum seekers, refugees and migrants struggling to access employment in the UK due to legal and linguistic barriers, teach their traditional cuisines to the public.
As our mission is so important, we cant slow down. The only way forward must be up! We are creating all the internal structures that will allow us to continue to grow sustainably. Part of the process is growing our core Marketing, Fundraising and Digital team, and the PR and Media Officer will play a strategic part in making sure that the organisation has all the resources needed to impact the bottom line and achieve our broader financial results. Our objective is to try and become less and less reliant and dependent on grants and donations.
At the moment, we need to expand our capacity to be able to do PR and Media relations well.
The role is full-time, and were currently using a hybrid model: 3 days in the office and 2 days from home/remote. As a small charity, we can only offer a £25,000 salary, to begin with (we review salaries once a year, with a transparent process to ensure fair distribution amongst the whole team), but we can assure you that you will be joining a seriously dedicated and experienced team, where you will be able to lead on your own initiative, own your projects, and really be a fundamental force for growth.
This role is open to everyone, and we are particularly interested to hear from people from refugee and asylum-seeking backgrounds.
In a moment, you will see what the role main accountabilities are. Still, On this point though, its important to understand that you will be joining a marketing team where specific accountabilities are less important than achieving broader team objectives and that high communication and freedom within our team allows for responsibilities to shift in order to achieve the overall goals.
In other words: while we have some guidelines and ideas on areas of focus, you wont be locked into a predetermined set of tasks. You will have the power to shape the role as you see fit in order to support Migratefuls mission. And that our marketing department is a creative and collaborative team, working together in flexible and dynamic ways.
Not your regular, boring role!
The main areas of focus for the PR and Media Officer role will be:
- Own PR and Media Relations
- Own Influencer Marketing
- Own high-profile partnerships
The list of responsibilities for this role will include:
- Secure PR and Media opportunities, both online and offline
- Secure collabs with influencers on social media and YouTube
- Provide media training to our chefs and team and ensure that safeguarding protocols are adhered to when it comes to the vulnerable adults we support talking with the press
- Manage the production and delivery of two e-mail Newsletters (monthly)
- Write content for web and social media
- Be the point of contact for all media and comms-related queries
- Write social media posts and coordinate the social media calendar
- Share partnership development work with the rest of the team
- Overall Marketing support, as needed and agreed with the team
What we are looking for in a candidate
As stated, the role will be dynamic and you will play a key role in energising it. We do have some key traits that we are looking for and that we will prioritise to find the right candidate, and thats PR and Media Relations.
You will love working as our new PR & Media Officer if you have:
- Experience in strategising PR and Media
- Experience in delivering successful media campaigns
- Experience in providing media training to internal teams
- Ability to identify and create newsworthy stories
- Strong communication and writing skills
You will thrive and add incredible value to our mission if you also have:
- Experience in connecting with HNWI for Fundraising
- Experience in organisations supporting people from vulnerable groups
- Experience in managing PR and Media for a charitable organisation focused on social change or vulnerable individuals' support
- Professional understanding of the volunteering landscape in England
- A network of connections within the Universities landscape
- Experience in organising events for student and volunteer audiences
- Some graphic design experience
The deadline for applications is Sunday 24th July 2022. We will have interviews between the 25th of July and the 5th of August. The ideal starting date is 1st September 2022.
If you are interested, apply below! If you need any help with the application, please contact Al Valentini, Head of Marketing & Growth, at email@example.com.