Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures and make them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have numerous times listed us as one of their Apps of the Year!
Today, with over 27 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
The Community Team works closely with the most adventurous people, groups, organizations, and events we find - Placing komoot firmly at the heart of the most impactful projects happening in cycling, hiking, and outdoor communities.
We are looking for an outstanding community manager to join our Global Squad working with our Senior Community Manager, Gaby on our mission to make komoot the biggest adventure platform in Europe and the US.
Join us and take responsibility for growing our community of event organizers, global ambassadors, and local partners online and offline. If you are an active part of global cycling and outdoor communities, are well connected, have a strong knowledge of the US and EU markets, and love interacting with people in real life and online, this might be the job you’re looking for.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- Build a strong community of like-minded cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts
- Connect with our community of komoot enthusiasts to identify opportunities and work on projects to build brand advocacy
- Own our cycling event scheduled for global events and events, including Grinduro and UCI Gravel Worlds. Set up event partnerships, attend events and plan rides and meetups to grow our community
- Support our influencer campaigns, approach potential influencers, convince them to become komoot users and turn them into brand ambassadors
- Sync with our Brand and Media teams to showcase community projects to a wider audience
- Uncover the most exciting people and their adventures for use in our marketing materials from social posts to emails
- Team up with our support team to assist users when they run into technical problems
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic cyclists
- Enjoy the freedom to work wherever you want, be it from your home, on the beach or in the mountains
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with modern tools that you'll love
- You’ll join us for team gatherings (when safe) in locations like Morocco, Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years of experience as a community manager
- A passion for managing lots of events and working closely with event organisers
- Have strong knowledge of the US market and are well-connected in the global cycling community
- Are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Are digitally savvy and know how to leverage digital tools
- Are self-motivated and extremely organized with a high attention to detail
- Are naturally curious, eager to learn and love to work in an open-minded and diverse team
Some of our Perks
- 38 days of vacation (incl. public holidays)
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on your professional development: classes, conferences, books – you decide!
- Discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands
- Flexible working hours and ability to work from anywhere in Europe
- Three whole-company gatherings per year in beautiful locations
- Optional “togetherness” trips with your team
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work from home office
- The latest devices and equipment to do your best work