We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
A typical day for you will be:
- Having purposeful conversations with customers in early arrears to recover payment or ascertain the reason for missed payment and scheduling the next steps accordingly
- Building relationships with customers through regular contact to validate, understand and resolve breaches of their loan agreements with customers
- Handling high levels of inbound and outbound calls in a diligent, professional and efficient manner
- Sending emails with the greatest level of care, accuracy and customer service skills
- Negotiating, implementing and monitoring feasible repayment solutions that take into account the client’s circumstances while balancing the best interests of the business
- Working closely with the Collections Team Leader and Collections Specialists to review and develop processes to ensure maximum efficiency
- Ensuring compliance with all appropriate legislation regulatory body guidelines and adhering to our company policies and procedures
- Upholding iwoca’s company reputation at all times
- Updating systems in order to keep an accurate record of activities, observations and outcomes within the collections process
- You will be required to come into the office at least once a week
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Proven experience in debt recovery, ideally in the commercial/business sector in a call based environment
- Empathy, forbearance and professionalism
- Strong communication skills on both phone and email
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to deal with a variety of challenges, innovate and think on your feet
- Business acumen, entrepreneurial spirit with real enthusiasm for helping SMEs.
We want to pay all of our employees fairly, so that’s why we regularly benchmark salaries based on market rates and to recognise your increasing value to our business. We are looking to pay from £28 - £32k for this role.
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome - we want everyone to confidently be themselves. For us, diversity isn't an optional add-on. It's the thing that makes us great.
What’s life like as an iwocan? (UK Benefits)
We all enjoy:
- Bright, modern office spaces in London (Fitzrovia) & Leeds, and we support hybrid working.
- A calendar of both in-office and remote events week including Bingo, Comedy Nights, Escape Room challenges….
- Two company retreats a year (in places like the French Alps or Spanish seaside)
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments
- Virtual and in-office yoga classes every Tuesday and Thursday morning
- An ever-growing number of clubs including climbing, chess, football and boxing
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
Just for you:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- We take your well being incredibly seriously, so you’ll have instant access to emotional and mental health support services via our partner Spill
- Share options
- Enhanced maternity and shared parental leave
- A workplace nursery tax benefit scheme. Save £££ on your nursery costs.
- 25 days holiday per year and an extra day off on your birthday
- All the equipment you need to set up your home working space up
- Paid volunteering time for you to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- Special celebrations for anniversaries and long service including sabbatical
- Flexible working arrangements
- Cycle-to-work scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- L&D budget including a book budget to encourage you to keep learning
- Tickets to tech conferences across Europe
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- A calendar of meetups we host at our office
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.