We’re here because we believe in small businesses. We believe they deserve better than waiting weeks for a loan. And we believe it’s our job to help them grow.
We started in 2012 with these principles, and we hold true to them today – now that we’re one of the fastest-growing fintechs in Europe. In the time between, we’ve built the best tech platform in lending, won several awards and opened up £3.5 billion in loans to over 70,000 businesses.
So what’s next? Our mission now is to help one million businesses who need us. To do this, we’ll need new products and partnerships. But most of all, we’ll need smart, hands-on people to join us on the journey and get us to our goal.
We work with a host of commercial finance brokers and business advisors across the UK to offer finance to their clients, and this channel generates a substantial proportion of iwoca’s total revenues.
As an Account Manager for our Broker Channel you’ll be the first port of call for our brokers and will give them exceptional customer service in managing loan applications for their clients. You will also provide our brokers with an in-depth understanding of iwoca’s product benefits, customer eligibility and use cases.
In addition to building relationships with our brokers, you will also work closely with other teams across the business. The key success factors in this role will be measured in the quality of relationships you build, your speed of service, and overall broker satisfaction. You will also have the opportunity to help shape and develop the future of this valuable channel.
Your mission will be to:
- Manage the day-to-day working relationship with all brokers, including our ‘Gold’ brokers who introduce high volumes of business
- Pre-screen applications, ensuring the broker provides all necessary business documentation for a credit review
- Provide timely updates for ongoing cases, answering questions related to specific applications or product queries
- Provide new brokers with excellent product training and support in order to maximise lead flow
- Work closely with our Credit and Account Management teams in order to improve conversion rates and broker satisfaction
- Tackle additional tasks or analysis to assist the Broker Channel Managers and gain an understanding of other areas within the business
- Help organise and attend broker entertainment / industry events
We look for people that are smart, humble, motivated and who are always looking to improve. Ideally, you’ll have:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time-management and organisational skills
- A strong customer service ethic
- The ability to build and maintain long lasting business relationships
- Some experience of working in a fast-paced, client facing role
- Knowledge of the UK business finance market (including our competitors) is a plus
- Experience working in a fast paced customer service role is desirable
- This would be an excellent opportunity for recent graduates looking to gain experience in financial services.
Don’t take this list as prescriptive: it’s just to give you a sense of who might do well at the job. We’d still love to hear from you if you don’t hit every point on the list, or if you have other experience.
We want to pay all of our employees fairly, so that’s why we regularly benchmark salaries based on market rates and to recognise your increasing value to our business. We are looking to pay from £25-£32k + uncapped bonus (OTE bonus is 20% which is paid quarterly).
We work hard to make iwoca a place where everyone feels welcome - we want everyone to confidently be themselves. For us, diversity isn't an optional add-on. It's the thing that makes us great.
We put a lot of effort into making iwoca a brilliant place to work:
- Offices in London, Leeds and Frankurt
- Events and clubs, like bingo, comedy nights, yoga classes, football…
- Two company retreats a year, we’ve been to France, Italy, Spain and further afield
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our offices.
Our benefits package is second-to-none:
- Medical insurance from Vitality, including discounted gym membership
- 25 days’ holiday and an extra day off for your birthday
- Instant access to emotional and mental health support with our partner, Spill
- Share options
- Generous maternity leave and shared parental leave
- A nursery tax benefit scheme to help you save money
- Paid volunteering time to support your chosen charity
- Extra leave if you want to travel or study
- One-month fully paid sabbatical after 4 years
- Cycle-to-work scheme and electric car scheme
And to make sure we all keep learning, we offer:
- An L&D budget for everyone, including a book budget
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Access to learning platforms like Treehouse if you want to learn to code.