Production & Stock Controller
An exciting opportunity to join the growing The Little Car Company Team. We’re looking for an experienced and passionate Production & Stock controller to keep on top of all our internal production administration and system, while ensuring our stock levels are accurate.
Compensation: Competitive Salary based on experience + share options + bonus scheme
Location: The Little Car Company Headquarters, Bicester Heritage
Holiday: 25 days per year, option to take 1 month off unpaid per year after 1 year service
Share optionsscheme: After 6 months with us - we want everyone to feel ‘ownership’ of the company
Start date: Immediate
Report to: Production Director
Culturally, we take pride in the way we work and what we achieve. We are committed to advancing the work of equality, diversity and inclusion and we want to attract the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society.
About us: The Little Car Company
As it says in the name, we make little cars. But they’re more than a little bit special.
The Little Car Company is the world expert in producing exceptional junior cars in partnership with the most elite car manufacturers. This unique partnership guarantees that every vehicle is an official licensed product of the brand. We expertly hand-build each car in the UK, and it is this level of care and attention that delivers the stunning quality for which we are famed.
Our brand philosophy is to produce beautiful cars that allow our clients to share the love of driving across generations, and encourage every driver to create memorable experiences today and for years to come.
We’re currently working with Bugatti, Aston Martin and Ferrari, with multiple partnerships in the pipeline. We work with the best car manufacturers in the business, so are only looking to recruit amazing talent to our team. Our exceptionally talented team are fuelled by a determination to create truly remarkable vehicles, whilst having a ton of fun along the way.
Behind the scenes, our production team brings together a culmination of exceptional engineering expertise from a range of testing environments. Their attention to detail and eye for quality are matched only by their inventive spirit, meaning every vehicle that rolls out of the manufacturing facility features that little bit of engineering magic, befitting of the marques they are representing. Meanwhile, the client services team is on hand to ensure we deliver a personalised customer experience that is second-to-none.
To support the growth of the company and development of our internal inventory processes we need a meticulous Production & Stock Controller to join our Production team. An integral role within the business you will be responsible for the accurate flow of components and assemblies for manufacture of our Production vehicles, updating and completing all SAP administrative tasks to support these builds. The successful candidate must be able to work both independently and as part of a small close-knit team. We’re a fast moving start up, and a ‘can do’ attitude is essential.
The day-to-day responsibilities:
· Manage and control all internal Production Order administration
· Monitor and update WIP admin
· Ensure maximum accuracy of stock figures
· Utilisation of SAP B1 for all processes
· Perform perpetual Inventory Checks
· Work closely with Supply Chain & Engineering teams
· Offer operational support to the Stores team
· Understand company processes and business needs
· Feedback to Production Schedules and deadlines
· Maintaining a clean and safe working Environment
What you bring to the table:
· Experience of ERP Systems – ideally SAP B1 (minimum 2 years)
· Excellent problem solving and lateral thinking skills
· Extremely organised and Proactive
· Experienced administrator
· Experience within a Production/Assembly environment
· A hands-on approach. Comfortable in the stores as well as the office
· Team Player. Working coherently with other team members to deliver to the highest standards
· Enthusiastic & passionate about what you do and our products - Striving to go the extra mile.
· Process driven
· Ability to work under pressure
· Attention to detail
· Friendly, Polite & Professional
· Willingness to succeed
Nice to have:
· Automotive &/or Motorsport experience
· Engineering and technical understanding
· Warehouse experience
· Forklift trained
· Quality control and measures awareness
· Comfortable working in a structured environment, but where you have plenty of autonomy we expect everyone to be high-performing and self-managing. It’s an entrepreneurial environment which keeps things interesting but isn’t for everyone!
· Switched on and can take the initiative, you don't need to be told what to do all the time. We want people who look for problems and solve them without being asked.
· Self-motivating – you’ll have full support along the way, but we won’t hold your hand throughout.
· Ability to use Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook. Experience in Slack is useful, but not critical
…and lots more. Being a start-up, we’d expect whoever assumes the role to have adaptability, flexibility and can-do attitude.
Details / perks
· Full time in at The Little Car Company’s brand-new HQ at Bicester Heritage, the UK’s first automotive campus. It is a stunning place for any car enthusiast to be based.
· There may be occasional travel with the company as required, potentially nationally / internationally.
· A full UK driving licence is essential
· Competitive salary and 25 days holiday a year
· Opportunity for equity ownership / stock options and compensation will increase as we grow – ultimately you are in control of your destiny and the rewards will be there for the right people
Keen to apply?
We want to hear from you! Please send us a covering note (maximum 400 words) with why you are the right candidate for this role. Please don’t just regurgitate your CV – we are looking for a flavour of you and what you can bring The Little Car Company. Think of this as your own personal highlights reel.
Please note that if you have not heard from us one week after the closing date of the advert then on this occasion then you have not been successful. However, we will keep all applications on file and be in touch if any future roles match your skills.