About Gravity Sketch
Our team is on a mission to revolutionize the way we bring ideas to life and fundamentally change the way 3D design is done today. We help design teams to create and communicate 3D ideas in the quickest and most intuitive way possible. We've developed the first end-to-end 3D design platform that allows teams to carry out work from the early concept phases of the design process all the way through to hand-off for productionisation.
Today’s design process is broken, we all think in 3D, but to create an object the design process starts with pen and paper sketches of initial ideas in 2D. Design teams use digital modeling software (CAD) developed for engineering to bring their work into the digital 3D arena. Numerous iterations involving stakeholders from different teams across various locations are needed in order to capture both the design intent and the engineering requirements; clear communication and effective collaboration are key. Gravity Sketch solves collaboration and communication pain points: through a suite of powerful creative tools and LandingPad, a cloud-based collaboration platform.
The tools we have developed are changing the way companies across automotive, industrial design, and entertainment industries carry out their day-to-day work. The platform is helping teams deliver more creative outcomes, foster better collaboration, and compress products' time to market resulting in a much more sustainable product development process. The platform offers VR, tablet, and web-based applications allowing users to bring the tools seamlessly into their workflow. Cross-discipline teams at companies such as Ford Motor Company and Adidas depend on the platform to collaborate and deliver world-class products both physical and digital. Being highly skilled in the use of Gravity Sketch is important for new hires in industry leaders such as Adidas/Yeezy, sitting alongside tools like Adobe’s Photoshop.
- Closed an exciting Series A round at the beginning of this year!
- We have 4x our revenue and 5x our user base in the last year
- We’re listed in Technation’s Upscale 6.0 Cohort, which features the UK’s best performing tech companies
- We’ve been mentioned by Sifted in their ‘guide to the Metaverse’ article
Our Team & Culture
We’re a lean but ambitious team of 57 spread across the globe (UK, Europe & US). We may be geographically spread out, but we’re tied by our mission to radically change how teams communicate ideas spatially and expressively from anywhere.
We’re outcome focused, with a flexible approach to working patterns and locations; communication with the team and delivering value is the key focus.
Innovation, collaboration and creativity are at the heart of our culture. We encourage everyone to experiment, bring new ideas to the table, and challenge one another in order to arrive at the best solutions for our users. Trust is another fundamental, which is echoed through autonomy and ownership of our work. We rely on each other to be resourceful, make decisions quickly, give honest feedback, ask for help, or do whatever needs to be done in order to make a positive impact on the team, users, or business.
We are all learning as we build this business and find that with each new addition to the team our ambition grows. We look for teammates that wish to grow with us on the journey; we value individuals with a curiosity to learn and eagerness to take initiative, following through on the work we initiate. Innovation day takes place every month, creating space to focus on an innovative passion project (something that would be cool for users).
We work hard, and know how to have fun too; with company trips, socials, sports, gaming sessions and more. We welcome you to share your hobbies with the team so we can all try something new!
- Work with stakeholders, designers, engineers, and our customers to determine the visual needs of our product
- Evaluate requirements to hit visual targets for the various different platforms (Tethered & untethered headsets)
- Establish an effective strategy and development pipeline to implement requirements
- Implement mechanism for graceful visual degradation of graphics quality settings based on hardware capability
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best performance, quality, and responsiveness of our product
- Conduct graphic related R&D work and drive our graphic and rendering pipeline direction
- At least 2+ years of experience working on graphics/pipeline-related code
- At least 2+ years building AAA-quality games in Unity
- Deep experience/knowledge about modern Unity rendering pipelines, URP/HDRP
- Mastery-level skills in shader graph/HLSL
- Solid knowledge of VFX graphs as well as legacy effects pipelines
- Strong 3D math skills
- Ability and desire to work in a rapid-iteration & high autonomous environment
- Experience working with game assets (meshes, animations, materials, etc.)
- Unlimited holiday
- Flexible working
- £1,000 personal budget per year for professional development
- £50/ month personal wellbeing budget
- Private healthcare
- Enhanced parental leave policy (maternity and paternity)
- Socials, ski trips & a biannual global meet up
- Cyclescheme & Techscheme
- Team lunch Wednesdays
- Chance to work at a fast growing start-up changing how the products of the future are designed
- Real work ownership - you drive your own initiatives
- Chance to work with some of the world’s leading design companies
- Unparalleled learning, if you’re up for the challenge!
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all employees. Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, background, and nationality.