FATMAP is expanding our core technology development efforts. We are looking for an experienced Manual QA Engineer to strengthen the QA team with their expertise.
Build the future of outdoor adventure with us!
FATMAP is building the leading platform for outdoor adventure. We are revolutionizing the way people discover, plan, live and share their adventures. Our advanced 3D mapping technology, outdoor toolkit and curated adventure index is used by top professionals and a rapidly growing global community of outdoor enthusiasts, allowing them to enjoy better, safer adventures.
Manual Testing at FATMAP
At FATMAP, we strive to provide a platform our users can trust in planning, discovery and in demanding situations. Due to that, the daily work performed by our Quality Assurance team is crucial in ensuring our goal is met. From the early stage of a new feature design until the final release stage, the team works side-by-side with designers, developers and product managers in order to prepare for the best integration. Quality assurance and feature validation is performed both with automated tests with tools such as Appium and TestComplete as well as explorative and in regular execution of manual test-cases. The manual tester knows our product on mobile and on web inside-out and is able to proactively report any observed discrepancy or unexpected behaviors. They ensure a smooth end-user experience, monitor released versions and participate in assessment and prioritization of issues in FATMAP's products. Manual QA is hence not only an important element in FATMAP's software development lifecycle but plays a key role to success.
How – working here
We are distributed by nature with several offices and many people fully remote, therefore we value sync time and you needn't worry about your calendar being full of regular meetings.
Teams are empowered to manage their own time and what management we do have is very flat. Leadership is careful and deliberate about communicating the vision and collaboratively defining strategy and goals. Engineers are equally conscientious about communicating architecture, solutions, status, and blockers.
Where - Locations
People at FATMAP have a lot of autonomy and flexibility. For this role, this includes where you choose to work - in-person, hybrid, or fully remote. Regardless of your choice, we aim to bring the whole company together twice a year for retreat (adventures included) and teams self-organise more in-person time such as conferences or team retreats. Wherever you spend the majority of your time, all the hubs are available for you to meet up with your teammates to work on a project together, get to know your colleagues, or just have a quiet place to focus, and everyone is encouraged to visit them (they’re fun). We also have an apartment in Chamonix next to the lift and a short bus ride from the office. Join your colleagues sometimes or all the time in our inviting office locations and enjoy a comfortable, well-stocked working environment, or work remotely (see below). Additionally, visit and collaborate with colleagues in Berlin or Chamonix.
Our office in Vilnius, the ‘Rome of the North’, is our map rendering core technology center embedded in a Technopolis campus, well connected with great infrastructure, good shopping facilities and restaurants. Here is where the majority of map rendering technology has been founded and due to that our preferred hiring location.
Our office in the popular tech and creative neighborhood of Kreuzberg is surrounded by good food and easily accessible by public transport. Work, and perhaps after-work, with some of the coolest people in Berlin.
Our office in the home of mountaineering, Chamonix, is minutes from the lifts and also accessible by public transport. Hang out with your fellow adventure junkies. The sight of people packing paragliders in the foyer or walking around in skimo boots is not uncommon.
Remote work is welcome at FATMAP. Because the majority of the product team orbits around our Vilnius, Chamonix and Berlin hubs we prefer to hire within 2 hours travel for this role. Your primary location must be within +-1 hour of Central European time. We value life outside of work, and this is one thing we do to make sure everyone can have a good mix of flow, sync, and non-work time. Remote employees should have reliable internet, a place to focus on work, and plan to join the company and team retreats.
What – responsibilities
- Define and execute test cases for new features and related User Stories ensuring an adequate test coverage, including responsiveness, performance, functional, design testing.
- Perform the execution of regression testing for new releases reporting the results to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze, and review product requirements.
- Contribute to test architecture and testing methodologies.
- Own the release monitoring process after initial mobile application release, prepare documentation of monitoring results and present it to the team.
- Ticketing/prioritizing of bugs.
- Constant communication with developers and other team members.
Required - your application will not be considered without these
- 1-2+ years of manual testing experience or comparable work experience.
- Exposure to the writing and executing of detailed end-to-end test cases.
- Detail-oriented and ability to exhibit responsibility in the undertaken work.
- Experience with development and ticket management tools such as Jira.
- Ability to prioritize the expected work across multiple projects.
- Team player mindset with the capability to work independently and take initiatives.
- Strong English (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Love for the outdoors.
Desired - your application is strong if you fulfill some of these criteria
- Experience with scripting and/or programming.
- Experience with test automation and related tools.
- Experience with multi-platform testing on mobile and web apps.
- Familiarity with regression testing.
- Exposure to GitHub, GitLab or similar.
- Experience with error monitoring tools such as Bugsnag, Android vitals and App Store Connect.
- Experience with service monitoring platforms such as Datadog and Grafana.
The best applications will highlight any relevant experience or passion in these areas, because we’d love to hear about it. They will also include the word “Regulus” because you read this.
This role requires you to be able to work independently and collaboratively. You need problem solving and debugging skills, and a good dose of pragmatism to decide which problems are most worth solving today.
We are seeking curious people who look behind the scenes to understand how things work. People who have hands-on experience creating user-delighting functionality in resilient, distributed systems. People who are excited to join smart and eager colleagues at a fast-growing company reshaping outdoor mapping. People who love the outdoors and engineering. Does some or all of this apply to you? Then please apply.
We offer a competitive salary, dependent on qualification and experience. We also believe in the value of employee ownership and therefore the compensation package also includes options.
If you have any questions about the role, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. Come and join us for an adventure, the mountains are calling!