Worthstone, a certified B Corporation, provides financial advisers and wealth managers with a gateway into the world of impact investment. For the last ten years, we have worked tirelessly to promote this approach, which helps channel investment into organisations that meet the greatest needs of society and the environment, changing people’s lives for the better!
We believe we have achieved a great deal, but we also realise that we have learned a great deal whilst developing our innovative market leading approaches – a process which is ongoing.
In becoming a B Corp we have been certified as meeting rigorous standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. We are part of the 3,000+ B Corps across the globe who are all helping drive the shift towards a new economy, that is better for workers, better for communities and better for the environment. We are now looking to recruit someone who can help Worthstone make an even bigger impact in this next growth phase.
So, if you are looking for a role where you can make a real difference to society, and the planet, read on....
Who we’re looking for
An individual who is committed to making a positive difference through their career. Someone who wants to be proactive in contributing towards a better, more impactful, financial sector.
As a core team member in a small, progressive business, the role suits individuals who enjoy the responsibility of leading key strategic initiatives and are rewarded by seeing the results of their actions put into practice.
We are looking for someone who brings enthusiasm and resourcefulness into a wide (and evolving) range of responsibilities and activities, and relishes the challenges of working for a team that wants to remain at the forefront of developments in sustainable investing.
Whilst financial, sustainability or impact knowledge is an advantage, the above core attitudes are essential to succeeding in the role; so, if this profile describes you then please contact us.
You will be the lead Impact Analyst for the organisation, responsible for the day to day development and progression of our impact investing analysis.
- Managing the quarterly update of our fund impact ratings, as well as the ongoing product development of our impact rating methodology
- Developing the online Impact Portal, which gives advisers access to our ratings analysis, working alongside our web design and web development specialists
- Leading the impact analysis and updates of the reporting materials for Wellth, our impact investing model portfolio service
You will have opportunities to meet a wide variety of influencers and supporters across the sustainable investing sector through your activities.
- Keeping up to date with impact assessment across the retail financial industry
- Inputting to meetings with investment committees, asset managers and financial advisers
- Participating in development projects across the business
- Collaborating with other members of our team, non-executive directors and our wider industry network
Skills and experience
- At least 2 years’ previous experience in a working environment. Ideal experience could be ~2 years in an ESG/Impact assessment capacity or ~2 years in a finance-related role with a master’s degree in a related field (Climate Change, Environmental Economics, Sustainability or Climate Change Finance)
- Strong IT skills; including high proficiency in Excel
- Evidence of analytical and research skills
- Exposure to senior stakeholder engagement, and good communication skills
- Knowledge of investment industry and financial analysis of the funds is desirable
- Ability to work independently, with little supervision, but also in small team environments
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion towards influencing the capital markets to mainstream impact investing, and on top of the latest developments unfolding in this space
- Comfortable working in a dynamic ‘start-up’ like environment. Flexible, effective and resourceful in a varied role
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of participants (CEO to interns) and organisations
- Collaborative and able to thrive within a very small but expanding team, working independently as required demonstrating good initiative and self-motivation
- A highly organised and efficient multi-tasker, ability to work to tight deadlines with a keen eye for detail and high standards
- Have the right to work in the UK
- The opportunity to work in a purpose-driven certified B Corporation, where your day-to-day work results in positive outcomes for society
- Support with external training to help you reach your full potential
- A working environment in which there is scope for you to shape the role to your own strengths
- Flexible working within business hours
- Flexible office/remote working time split
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata)
- Workplace pension scheme
Working for us
Worthstone is proud to have been awarded the “Best for the World” accolade for Governance in 2021.
The successful applicant will enjoy a highly rewarding career working for a progressive company which invests in its staff, values and rewards individual contribution.
Worthstone Limited is committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation (Protected Characteristics). A copy of this policy is available on request.