Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
We’re looking for a Finance Associate to join Charlie (Finance Director), Elliott Wyse (Finance Manager) and Khatra (Finance Associate) in our Finance team.
As is typical of a company like Seedrs, this role is quite varied and will give you exposure to all areas of the business to pursue your career in the world of Finance. The role will incorporate bookkeeping, credit control, management information, compliance, interpretation of data and day-to-day business support. You’ll also have the opportunity to work alongside our Compliance and Operations teams.
What you'll do
- Bookkeeping; processing sales invoices, purchase invoices, bank payments and receipts.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly management accounts and yearly statutory accounts.
- Expense processing.
- Providing credit control of overdue accounts.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts, credit cards, trade debtors and creditors.
- Liaising with clients/suppliers on finance-related enquiries.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc assistance to the Finance team on other matters, including interpretation of financial data.
Who we’re looking for
- A recent graduate looking to start a career in Accounting & Finance.
- Looking or recently started an accounting qualification (ACCA/CIMA or equivalent). We will provide support for this.
- Basic knowledge of accounting processes.
- Have excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills.
- Be process driven.
- Have intermediate and/or advanced level Excel skills.
- Use their initiative.
- Have an interest in Fintech, and an enthusiasm for changing the landscape of alternative finance.
- Nice to have: some prior experience of bookkeeping using accounting software.
- 30 minute phone screening.
- Written assessment to complete in advance of interview with the Finance Manager and FInance Director.
- 1 hour interview with Finance Manager and Finance Director.
- Culture interview with the People Team.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & Employee Assistance Program.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!