Contract type: Full-timecontractor - monthly invoicing required, with potential to move to a PAYE contract in the future.
Applications close: October 12th
PlasticFree.com is an exciting new materials intelligence and systems change content platform with a singular goal: to turn off the plastic tap at its source. It is the brainchild of Sian Sutherland and Frederikke Magnussen, co-founders of A Plastic Planet, which in its six-year history has established a track record of impactful, highly visible and commercially successful initiatives, from creating the world's first plastic free supermarket aisle to consulting with B2C brands such as Unilever on the launch of its Dove refillable deodorant plus working collaboratively with industry, retailers, governments and the UN.
This pro-business, solution-focused work has exposed a glaring knowledge gap within the global design community. Every design brief asks for sustainable solutions and alternatives, but there is still no engaging, credible and accessible source aimed at the mainstream professional creative community. Existing materials platforms are uninspiring, expensive and have a limited focus on sustainability.
PlasticFree.com will fill this gap. Created by creatives for creatives, the platform celebrates game-changing plastic free innovations and circular economy business models, providing robust data and design-focused insight into alternative materials, enabling designers to efficiently source these alternatives to make lasting change.
PlasticFree.com is already working with some of the world’s leading designers and academics as we gear up to launch our online materials intelligence platform in Q4 2022, and having secured an initial tranche of funding we are now building out our content team.
The role of Social Lead will have the opportunity to influence social campaigns and community growth and work across PlasticFree and A Plastic Planet to ignite and inspire the world to turn off the plastic tap.
We’re building a platform to inspire and empower the global design and creative community, which means we need to be present where the designers of the world live, bringing our content to life across social platforms in ways that will engage, inform and inspire. We might be writing about technical materials, but the minute our content gets dry or inaccessible, we’re dead.
We’re looking for an optimistic and relentlessly insightful Social Lead to oversee the social presence of both PlasticFree and its parent company A Plastic Planet. You will be responsible for creating original text, image and video content, managing posts and responding to followers.
As our Social Lead, we expect you to be up-to-date with the latest digital technologies and social media trends. You should have excellent communication skills and be able to express our company’s views creatively.
This is a perfect role for someone looking to take the next step in their career, taking on lots of responsibility in a small but hugely ambitious team.
- Work directly with the Head of Content and the wider team to translate content to Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok
- Create, implement and maintain social media content strategy, launching timely campaigns that align with our audience’s interests, key global events and industry movements including community growth of being where our audience the designers are
- Create partnerships with key influencers
- Set specific objectives and report on ROI
- Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content, working with an in-house designer to maintain and develop visual identity
- Manage in-house designer
- Monitor SEO and web traffic metrics
- Communicate with followers, respond to queries in a timely manner and monitor customer reviews
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Use media connections to push key content and initiatives to relevant publications, increasing awareness and driving traffic to both social platforms and the website
- Manage paid advertising across social platforms
Requirements and skills:
- Proven work experience as a Social Media Manager
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to deliver creative content across multiple mediums - text, video, image
- Knowledge of online marketing tools
- Ability to juggle multiple work streams and deliver to deadlines
- Collaborative mindset with a dedication to supporting team members when needed
- Use of initiative and ability to work autonomously
- Solid knowledge of SEO, keyword research and Google Analytics (or an equivalent data tracking tool)
- Proficiency in English
- B2B content experience, preferably with a creative or marketing agency
- Sustainability knowledge with a focus on materials, packaging and systems change
- Knowledge of, and expertise in the fields of fashion, beauty or the built environment.
- BSc degree in marketing or a related field
Successful candidates will be required to complete a short project to be invited to interview.
This is a full-time position based in London. While we are flexible with remote and home work, we will prioritise candidates who can be in London at least twice a week for co-working. It is important to us to build a content team that is connected, collaborative and able to foster a positive team environment.