Who we are
Seedrs is the leading equity crowdfunding platform and the most active funder of private companies in the UK, with £2.1B invested into campaigns and more than 1750 deals funded. We allow all types of investors to invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they believe in and share in their success. We allow ambitious businesses in all sectors to raise capital and build community through an efficient, online process. Seedrs’ HQ is in London, with multiple teams based across Europe.
Republic, a U.S. based firm, has recently acquired Seedrs in a mission to create the first global private investing platform.
Republic operates several distinct business lines including a retail investment platform, a private capital division, and a blockchain advisory practice. The Republic ecosystem has deployed over $1.5 billion in investments, has supported over 600 companies, and comprises over 2M community members across 150 countries. Now, being officially a part of the Republic ecosystem, Seedrs will not only continue to serve the exciting UK and European businesses and investors, but with Republic’s firepower behind us, we will continue to redefine the segment by leading on innovation, customer service, supporting diversity, and trust. Our mission remains unchanged, but now we will have more resources to continue building innovative products that serve our business and investors in the best way possible.
We have created a working environment that allows you to be yourself at work and be treated fairly, on the basis of your merits, abilities and potential. We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that we endeavour to recruit from a wide pool of suitably qualified candidates. We live by core values, all of which operate to help us deliver company goals.
What we’re looking for:
- Fluency in English.
- 2+ years of Systems and or Cloud Administration.
- Experience with IaaC (ideally Cloudformation) and containers (Docker).
- A passion for systems and how complex structures interact.
- A least privilege principle mind-set, in order to have control and accountability on all systems accesses.
- Knowledge of industry best practices and how to create and maintain a highly available and reliable infrastructure.
- An ambitious and responsible person with an appetite for self-development.
- An entrepreneur at heart - we are counting on you to propose new ideas, discuss other people's ideas and be genuinely passionate about innovation.
- We’re not as bothered by which school you went to, as that you’re a clever, diligent, hard-working and pleasant person who adds loads of value to our team.
What you’ll do:
- Build, deploy, configure, and maintain systems in highly automated distributed environments that are engineered for failure.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure a continuous integration environment.
- Maintain, automate and optimise delivery pipelines to sustain elite production deployments
- Work with the Product team in supporting the release of new tools and products.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and help solving issues in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Guarantee best practices in both infrastructure and software development
- AWSto host our infrastructure.
- Linux and bash scripting to configure our servers.
- Buildkite for our CI/CD.
- Docker for virtualisation.
- Datadog for monitoring.
- Ruby on Rails for our main application.
- ReactJS for our frontend services.
- 30 minute telephone screening call with the Senior DevOps Engineer
- 1 hour interview and technical discussion with Software Architect and Senior DevOps Engineer
- Culture interview held by the People team
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive salary.
- Employee share options.
- Money to invest through the platform.
- 25 days annual leave and Flexi Fridays.
- Personal Wellness allowance.
- Individual Learning & Development budget.
- Access to our Healthcare Cash Plan programme & EAP service.
- Discounted Cushon ISA account.
- Professional development.
- Lunch and learn sessions.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay.
- Enhanced Pension package.
- Company offsites and Team socials.
- Great offices with free fruit, coffee and Friday drinks!