CIL is a consulting firm with a market-leading position within our niche. Most of our engagements involve an M&A element, primarily to advise private equity firms who are looking to invest in high growth businesses in the UK, Europe, and the US. We also provide strategy consulting to a variety of companies, from global blue chips to some of the UK’s most successful smaller businesses. We are a sector agnostic firm, but our core focus areas are listed here. Visit our website for more information on the kinds of problems we help solve for our clients.
Although we work in structured teams, we are socially non-hierarchal and inclusive. We think ‘a culture’ is something larger firms have to invent. Ours is the product of the individuals we employ. We have roughly 200 employees spanning across four offices in Frome (near Bath), London, Chicago and Munich. Our Frome office offers all the benefits of a consulting career from a base in the Somerset countryside.
Our Frome office is located 30 minutes from Bath and 45 minutes from Bristol. It offers the opportunity to pursue a City career whilst enjoying the benefits of working in the countryside - our projects are staffed with CILers across our Frome and London offices.
Frome is located in rural Somerset and is well-known for its cobbled streets, independent shops and monthly market. The area boasts lower living costs than that of a major city, and offers a variety of countryside trails to explore.
The Frome office is known for being a close-knit environment, with around 40 staff aligned.
CIL is looking for exceptional people to join our team as Managers. If hired, you will manage workstreams, teams and projects of all shapes and sizes. You will be expected to take significant responsibility from an early stage, often working directly for a CIL Partner and in a client-facing role from the outset. The Manager role has four key components:
- Being an experienced project manager, running complex projects through leading and conducting detailed, rigorous analysis and helping your team overcome any roadblocks. The Manager will design the project framework and plan and execute the timeline of project development (that are typically 3-6 weeks). You will also be expected to provide strategic advice to clients who routinely demand the highest standards.
- Mentoring and developing junior team members as part of your role as a career manager. We have a strong culture of career management at CIL and taking this seriously is one of the things that makes us so supportive and special.
- Contributing to business development opportunities. Managers play a key role in formal pitches and are also given the autonomy to develop and grow their own professional networks through ad-hoc marketing meetings and events.
- Supporting CIL’s internal operations – we are a lean, entrepreneurial organisation, allowing you to support programmes in different internal functions (eg. marketing, recruitment, training etc.) and get first-hand experience of how businesses really work.
Specific requirements of applicants:
- Managerial-level experience at a relevant organisation (including from strategy consulting, corporate finance or accounting in a M&A context), with some experience of managing teams of 2-5 people, carrying out qualitative and quantitative analysis and engaging with clients / external stakeholders.
- Some experience of managing and going the extra-mile to help others. We would like candidates to exhibit our core values across their work experience – supportiveness, integrity and excellence.
- Excellent numeracy and completely fluent written and spoken English – other languages an advantage.
- Previous exposure to private equity and / or commercial due diligence is an advantage. Typically, our Managers have 4-8 years of combined experience.