Elevator Pitch: The Company. Us. Runway East.
At Runway East, we're a team of tech lovers, entrepreneurs, ex-startup founders and customer service advocates, who go above and beyond to keep our companies thriving. It’s been 7 years, and we’ve grown to eight locations, over 3,000 members and watched our companies raise over £1bn. We’re here to make good work, with good people. And we’re here to have fun. Incomparable company, superstar service, dogs on demand, Cake Wednesdays and our infamous Friday beer trolley - these are all things we build into creating happiness every day. But what really sets us apart from the coworking crowd is us.
Runway East has a strong brand, passionate customer base and most importantly, a product customers genuinely love. Covid presented challenges, but it has also presented opportunities. The way of working has been flipped upside down and the demand for flexibility is greater than ever. We’re taking full advantage of that.
Elevator Pitch: The Job. It’s a Great Job. We promise.
We’re looking for a confident, organised, detail-oriented, data-savvy FP&A Analyst who can help supplement the significant expansion goals and help keep our finance department ticking like a perfectly balanced, Swiss-made watch.
As our FP&A Analyst, you’ll be spending 75% of your time collaborating hand-in-hand with our CEO by modelling potential new sites and preparing presentations ensuring Runway East chooses, and acquires the best sites through your data driven recommendations. The other 25% of your time will be assisting the existing finance team with the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting process and informing major decisions of the executive and management team.
No single day at Runway East is quite like any other; so ready yourself for an adventure full of new site modelling, all-hands-on-deck teamwork, internal reporting, board and landlord presentations, budgeting, building acquisitions, and rivers of revenue streams. This is an exceptional opportunity to take your analytical skills and drive real business change in a fast-moving context.
As the first dedicated FP&A Runway East hire, this is your opportunity to build a technically strong, data-focused, commercial, and scalable FP&A function.
The Nitty Gritty Checklist
☑ Data and deal flow analysis
☑ Modelling new sites, and assisting Runway East’s expansion
☑ Improving current modelling
☑ Providing impactful slides and interpretation
☑ Delivering internal timely financial reports, and variance analysis
☑ Explaining complicated metrics clearly, and concisely to stakeholders
☑ Driving senior leadership’s strategic decisions through expert analysis
Who You Are…
You are a good communicator
Sure, you speak the language of numbers, but you’re no stranger to a good, old-fashioned project-based chinwag, or a cross-departmental convo. Your ability to communicate effectively, and get your message across would have the new iPhone 13 running off to its crying closet for a proper sob.
You are a process-based self-starter
You have a keen eye for spotting what needs to be done and you’re not at all afraid to roll up your sleeves and take initiative. When that brilliant eagle eye of yours narrows in on the “little” things, or spies a process-oriented task that could use a good old-fashioned efficiency tweak, you grab your trusty skills toolbelt, then tinker away ‘til we’re performing better than Jessica Ennis… if such magic is even possible.
You excel at Excel
You? Why, you dream in formulas. You could tell the difference between a count, from a counta, from a countblank in a blindfolded lineup. When someone mentions a VLOOKUP, do you nod, then run to the loo to look it up on 'Loogle'. No, you do not. Why? Because you, friend, are the Albus Dumbledore of Excel! Not to put too fine a point on it, but you and I both know precisely what your TED Talk would be about… and how it would be formulated.
- Must have 3 years as an FP&A analyst, or in a similar role
- Must have multi-site/multi departmental experience
- Advanced Excel/Sheets
- Must be able to communicate and simplify complex inputs and outputs
A Successful Candidate Will…
- Possess good business acumen, and the ability to simplify the business into a financial model
- Have great communication skills - will need to be confident explaining complicated models in basic terms lay people will understand and comfortable talking to various staff throughout Runway East
- Have previous experience in Forecasting, Budgeting and Analysis working in a multi-site business
- Be a self-starter
- Be confident assisting in pitches
- Have financial modelling experience
- Be supremely-organised and methodical
What about the money?
Salary is negotiable, depending on experience
Anything else? You mean, other than working alongside some of the most spectacularly fantabulous people in this, or any multiverse?!
- Time Off 🤸 31 days including bank holidays plus an extra day for every year you’re at RWE. We also give you your birthday off (because no one should work on their birthday)
- Well-being 🧠 Private health & dental insurance, half-price gym membership, access to Spill (which offers video therapy sessions through Slack), mental health days & a Bike2Work scheme
- Contribute 🌎 assign two workdays per year to charitable work with Matchable
- Learning & Development 📚 £150pa personal growth budget, access to Learnamp (a curated platform of learning resources), regular lunch & learns
- The Usual Suspects 👍 - paid sick days, compassionate leave, enhanced parental leave for long-service and life insurance
- RWE Outings 🎉 - we love organised (and not so organised) fun, culminating in an annual team trip (Barcelona, Alicante, Rhodes, and Vilnius to name some past trips!)
More about us
Still reading? Great! So, Runway East provides a springboard for entrepreneurs: a working space, a supportive team, years of experience. We help nurture new ideas into new businesses, and we love doing it.
These are our values, if you share them, let’s talk.
Community Obsessed. You understand our members and their needs - delivering world-class service with enthusiasm and charm. You see every challenge as an opportunity to delight our members.
Open. You are open-minded and engaged. You own your mistakes and take steps to actively learn from them. You give and receive feedback with positive intent to develop yourself and the business.
Give a Damn. You are continuously driving yourself to improve. You care about the little things and you take pride in doing them well - you care about the company, our members and your teammates.
Entrepreneurial. You question the status quo and stand up to fix things, taking the initiative to find and deliver solutions. You are resilient and determined and when the going gets tough, you don’t give up.
We see the good in everyone. We celebrate our differences.
We keep community at our core, and we know that a community can only thrive when it is diverse and inclusive. We welcome people from all backgrounds and experiences, whatever your race, religion, status, sexuality, gender identity, age, appearance, or disability. There is no set blueprint for a Runway East team member.
What matters to us is your spirit… and your attention to detail, plus a bit of financial modelling experience, and we’re golden.