Are you an engineering professional with a passion for consumer product design? Do you have a proven track record of delivering delightful, meaningful, beautiful products that customers love? Well then pizza pal, get on over here!
Ooni makes kickass outdoor ovens, all of which bake awesome pizza in just 60 seconds. Mind. Blown. Oh, and we’re also one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
We are looking for a Senior Product Design Engineer to join our awesome Product Team to ensure we continue to deliver on our promise of providing world class pizza ovens and accessories. We’re investing in infrastructure to build a truly world class product development and engineering facility right here in Scotland. This is a huge opportunity to join a highly motivated team of design and engineering professionals creating great products, great culture and, of course, great pizza.
What you’ll do:
- Delivering customer focused pizza making products - think beyond the pizza ovens as we won't be stopping there!
- Leading projects through a stage-gate process and maintaining project timescales.
- Create fully detailed designs and develop manufacturable Product Design from metal, plastics, wood and composites in Solidworks
- Involved from end-to-end across multiple projects; inputting in concept ideation, accountable for the engineering development and responsible for seeing multiple projects through to manufacture and launch.
- You will test prototypes throughout the development process to work through technical challenges
- Design for Manufacture (DFM) and Design for Assembly (DFA), utilising new technologies, materials and processes.
- Deliver robust and high quality CAD, in surfacing, solid modeling and standard drawings
Reporting to the Head of NPD, you will be a vital member of our Product team. You will work closely with all the members of our team to guide products through a stage-gate development process from concept vision through to mass production.
You will work in a very open and collaborative environment where the best idea wins, regardless of role or title. Ooni is a fast paced culture and you will be innovative and ambitious.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Experience in a senior role as a Product Designer, Design Engineer or Industrial Designer with the ability to manage the design process and inspire the team around you.
- 3+ years of experience in Solidworks (or equivalent) including advanced modeling techniques including surface modeling
- 3+ years of experience relevant industry experience creating consumer products in a fast paced environment
- Experienced in designing and developing products in a range of materials and processes, and launching to the market.
- Experience managing the development process with a great understanding of manufacturing processes to inform your design solutions.
- Excellent verbal and visual presentation skills, communicated effectively to peers and executive management.
- Someone who is able to come to our office in Broxburn during the week.
- A grounded background in engineering principles and consumer product design
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, optimistic, solution-driven orientation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
You’ll get bonus points if:
- Experience of designing and developing hard good products for mass production
- Injection molding design and knowledge of tooling limitations
- Sheet metal forming tool design with both mild and stainless steel
- Deep draw metal manufacturing
- High pressure die casting alloys
- Additive and subtractive manufacturing techniques and technologies
- Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing Processes
- Experience with DFMEA
- Experience working with consumer Electronics and working with Electrical Engineering Teams
- Design for PCBA installations, housings, connectors and cable routing
- Experience working with overseas suppliers and manufacturers
Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. We’re super proud of our culture and think you’ll love it here too. Here are some other reasons:
- Work for an employer that cares about your wellbeing! We’ve got an employee assistance programme which includes on demand coaching and therapy sessions, plus a weekly yoga class
- 35 days of paid time off per year, plus an additional 5 week sabbatical when you’ve been here for 5 years
- £500 every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
If you you like what you see and fit the bill, then please send over the following:
- A short cover letter on why you’d love to join Ooni
- PDF portfolio of your most impressive and appropriate work
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org