Who we are:
Our mission is to become the global standard for addressing. Street addresses weren’t designed for 2022. They aren’t accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That’s why we created what3words.
We divided the world into 3m squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It’s the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Over the last year, what3words has been used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
Who we are looking for:
Our owned email subscriber base has grown 10x over the last few years and we’re looking for a superstar Email Marketing Manager to help us efficiently maximise this channel as a part of our key marketing strategies.
what3words has a global footprint, and is steadily growing its user base and subscriber numbers. With a plethora of different ways to use us, constant product improvements and a growing number of small and large partners across automotive, delivery and travel, there is always something new to talk about. Our email channel is intrinsic to demonstrating our momentum across the world, educating our user base on how and where to use us as well as generally keeping what3words top of mind.
You’ll work collaboratively in a dynamic marketing team, reporting directly to Head of Marketing/Lead but working closely with the CRM Lead, Marketing Managers and Creative Team in London as well as a Digital Content Editor based out of our Mongolian office. You’ll need to be a natural self-starter, quick learner and enjoy the rapid pace of a tech company that is on its way to create a global standard.
This role will be integral to designing the email content plan across 8+ markets, to our millions of subscribers, for our monthly newsletters, onboarding emails and one-off postcards. This includes the production, optimisation and reporting. The role will also work closely with the other marketing managers on one-off email requests and will provide production support across our B2B emails.
Whilst the key responsibility of this role is email, they will also help cover the production and builds on our website and/or blog posts as and when required. This role will likely broaden out to other elements of our retention marketing for example push notifications and performance marketing.
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- Experience working in Email Marketing and/or CRM (1-2+ years ideally)
- Good at crafting content plans
- Experience working with copywriters and designers, and Creative teams/people
- Experience building emails with HubSpot or a similar Email marketing platform
- An eye for creative, design and editing
- Excellent at making things happen quickly and efficiently
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate well
- Experience managing stakeholders and relationships with cross-department teams
- The ability to multitask and manage time effectively - especially an ability to be reactive but still prioritise effectively
- Taking ownership of deadlines
- A drive for results; you strive to help improve our output
- A love for the detail - you are meticulous and thorough in how you approach things as well as how you deliver.
- A strong belief in the what3words mission
- An appetite for developing and growing the role and within the company
- Experience of HTML and CSS, WordPress CMS and understand web build projects
- Experience working in a scale-up or start-up
- A good understanding of analytics tools & data
- Strong copywriting skills
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Babylon Health
- Annual health assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Bupa Rewards
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- VDU eye tests
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches (office benefit)
- Generous parental leave policies
- Flexible working
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Dog friendly office plus subscription to BorrowMyDoggy