Purpose of the Job
You will be responsible for the day-to-day aspect and running of the Pasta Evangelists Takeaway and Delivery Units. Oversees all aspects of the Pasta Evangelists business through creating a culture to be proud of, coaching and supporting, motivating and engaging all employees.
What you’ll do at Pasta Evangelists :
- Responsible for the day-to-day running of the Takeaway Units
- To create and Improve SOPs to drive operational Excellence across the business.
- Create action Improvement plans for the areas and Sites based on the customer feedback.
- Ensure all Sites and AMs meet and exceed Company Sales, Financial & operational goals.
- To generate contingency plans and solutions when economic circumstances change and demonstrate exceptional knowledge of the financial side of the business.
- To monitor and coach the Area Managers in optimising the communications between the Units and the Senior Leadership Team. Strive to create a culture of proactive Management and achievement of all deadlines promptly.
- Own the Key cost of food and Labour within the business and remain reactive to trading patterns
- You will be responsible for implementing all company standards in products, services, training, and legal requirements (health and safety, food hygiene, licensing laws, fire precautions etc.).
- To lead by example and demonstrate a hands-on approach in all competence areas.
- Work closely with the Finance team on Inventory Management and ensure 100% compliance at all levels.
- Outwardly demonstrating the values and visions of the business and inspiring the teams to do the same.
- Ongoing monitoring of customer service standards and cleanliness to continually “wow” customers & employees.
- Protect the Pasta Evangelists' Brand Image
- Improve site efficiency and reduce site operational costs without undermining safety.
- Work closely with the Head Of Takeaway to improve the overall site performance.
What Pasta Evangelists expect:
- A Minimum of three years experience in Hospitality. Multi-site experience is Essential.
- Great analytical thinker, working to fulfill KPIs, with the proven ability to drive sales.
- A can-do, will-do attitude.
- Avid Learner who naturally coaches and supports their team
- Passion for food, Knowledge of Pasta and Italian Food
- Customers rule mindset
- Belief in all People, Identifying and nurturing talent, and seeing the potential in every person.
- Celebrating the achievement of others and having fun whilst doing it!
- A highly adaptable candidate who can switch between long-term strategic initiatives one moment and pivot into rapid, tactical actions the next.
- You will be an inspirational leader, displaying excellent management skills and identifying and nurturing talent to encourage career development and employee satisfaction.
- Previous experience of managing a diverse workforce
- Commercial Awareness
- Understanding of P&L
- Demonstrates strong Sales Focus
- Basic HR/ER knowledge (disciplinary/grievance process)
- Strong communication skills at all levels
- A track record of developing people
You will be working closely with the following
- Senior Leadership Team
- People Team
- Other Head office Departments
What we can offer:
- Competitive salary to attract best talent
- Meaningful equity package with significant upside potential
- Join a dynamic, fast-moving & diverse team
- Regular team socials and pasta tastings, as well as occasional trips to ‘il bel paese’
- Free Pasta Evangelists products
- Free Italian lessons
- Discounted gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- 25 days of paid annual leave (plus bank holidays)
Who we are:
At Pasta Evangelists, we deliver fresh pasta dishes of restaurant quality across the UK. In this market where pasta is worth £3.8bn, we are the only company disrupting it.
Our mission is clear: We are going to be THE authority in fresh, artisan pasta.
And whilst we are a digitally-native DTC brand, through www.pastaevangelists.com, we are also the largest pasta brand in the UK on Deliveroo and the only pasta brand in Harrods where we have our amazing restaurant and counter. We are also sold in other channels such as Ocado, Amazon, Zapp, Getir.
We have recently been acquired by Barilla, the biggest pasta company in the world. We continue to operate independently with the same startup culture and energy, whilst benefiting from the backing of one of the largest food groups internationally.
Pasta Evangelists is one of the fastest-growing food tech companies in the UK, having increased revenues by 30x in the past 3 years. Given our ambitions, we are looking for exceptional professionals to lead our business through its next growth chapter.