Head of Climate Special Projects, EF
About Entrepreneur First
Entrepreneur First is the best place in the world to find your co-founder and build a startup from scratch. Every six months, we bring together and fund high-potential individuals to help them meet their co-founder, develop an idea and raise money from leading investors - as fast as possible. We call this Talent Investing. See how it works here.
The companies built at EF are now worth over $10bn. They include Tractable (a computer vision unicorn), Cleo, Omnipresent, Aztec, Airbank, Transcelestial and many more*. The portfolio is fast growing, with its companies having increased in value by more than 70% in the past year.
EF is funded and backed by some of the world's best tech founders and company builders, including Patrick and John Collison (Stripe); Reid Hoffman (LinkedIn), Tom Blomfield (GoCardless and Monzo), Sara Clemens (Pandora and Twitch); Nat Friedman (GitHub); and Matt Mullenweg (Wordpress).
Having raised our Series C round of investment at the end of last year, we are well-capitalised out to 2026, and have ambitious plans to further scale our impact over the coming years.
The Climate Special Projects role is a pivotal one in setting up our Climate programme in London and shaping EF’s Climate offering moving forward.
The person we hire will own the process of programme and curriculum design, and contribute towards ensuring that we attract and select the very best high potential founders in the Climate space. They will also support in hiring an incredible team to help deliver advice to the founders who participate in the programme.
The role would be for an initial twelve-month period, with the possibility of extension and will be based in our London office.
What You’ll Do
The mission of the Climate Special Projects role is to ensure we build an attractive and effective programme offering for founders who want to co-found in Climate.
- Build on EF’s existing foundations to design the curriculum for ideating and building in Climate;
- Work on special projects outside the Climate programme;
- Build a community around EF’s Climate alumni;
- Develop EF’s relationships with seed-stage climate V-C funds and investors
- Work with founders to help them progress into teams, then support them as they embark on ideation and the zero to one journey;
- Manage the cultivation process - ensure that every person who is offered joins the programme. This is a high value opportunity and your mission will be to ensure that value is translated and communicated;
- As part of the site’s senior team, you will also:
- Work closely with the Talent and Admissions team to identify, convert and select the set of talented founders who are accepted on the programme;
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to ensure readiness of later stage teams for market and the investor ecosystem;
- Work with the General Manager on hiring the team to deliver the programme, strategic projects
- Collaborate with global teams on initiatives related to EF’s continued progression.
This role requires a rare blend of expertise, including prior success within the entrepreneurial field, plus analytical prowess, programme management skills and the ability to develop and drive relationships:
- You have been a tech startup founder or an early operator in a high growth startup;
- You have gained substantial expertise in Climate that can benefit founders on the programme;
- You have 4+ years of professional experience, ideally a mix of strategy and execution;
- You are an expert problem solver who thinks on their feet;
- You have outstanding organisational skills and are comfortable with multi-tasking / managing competing priorities;
- You have high EQ and enjoy working with people;
- You demonstrate a strong growth mindset - the EF process is unique and the ability to quickly learn and execute will be key to your success.
What We Offer
- A competitive salary and generous upside package based on the success of the companies created through the programmes;
- A buzzing space full of technical founders creating globally impactful businesses;
- The opportunity to develop a high-powered personal network of builders in the Climate space
- Collaboration with a growth minded, diverse team in Europe, Asia and North America;
- Generous holidays: in addition to 23 days holiday, we also close the office down for around two weeks over Christmas and New Year;
- A Learning & Development allowance to purchase any product or service that will contribute to your personal or professional development;
- A Wellness allowance to spend on things enhancing your health and wellbeing, e.g. gym membership, yoga classes, Vitality, subscription to Headspace etc;
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, plus broader leave policies. We care about our team and enabling the right balance between home and working life.
EF champions diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment in which a wide variety of backgrounds thrive. We do not tolerate discrimination of any nature, including but not limited to: discriminating on the basis of race, colour, religion, culture, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, disability, or marital status.