Social Media Manager & Content Producer
At Outerknown, we're making every decision with the highest regard for the hands that build our clothes and the world we call home. From seed to suppliers to circular design, our mission is to protect our natural resources, empower the people crafting our clothes, and inspire change within the industry and beyond. We believe you shouldn't have to sacrifice style for sustainability - the two should be synonymous. As Manager of Social Media and Content, you will work closely with our Chief Brand Officer to create a best-in-class social media strategy, a content creation process, and an approach to developing the right social platforms for the brand. You will be the muse that develops an authentic Outerknown social persona that builds stronger relationships with our existing customers and naturally engages and captures new customers. You are someone who gets excited about social trends, analyzes engagement data, and is planful with every step to develop the most engaging campaigns. This role is significant to our organization, and we are upping our game in the social media space and know this key contributor will represent the best of the Outerknown brand, products, and mission, through these platforms.
• In partnership with the Chief Brand Officer, you will be responsible for of all social media planning, content creation and execution.
• Become the voice, heart and soul of the Outerknown social presence that engages with the customer population and develops a long-lasting relationship with them. Translate our brand mission and voice to bring content to life in engaging ways.
• Create and manage the social media calendar.
• We’re looking for someone who is resourceful and knows how to work both independently and with an in-house creative team to deliver content from initial ideas through completion.
• Establishes key performance indicators (KPI’s) and key results areas (KRA’s) with the CBO for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of likes and measuring the performance of each campaign against the KPI’s.
• Drive growth in customer acquisition, brand awareness and follower engagement on our selected social platforms, to be determined together.
• Creates content that aligns with what is trending, and equally important, understands the nuances of connecting with the right audience on each social media platform.
• Work closely with Creative and Marketing Teams to develop strategy, planning and execution of compelling social media content including texts, video, infographics and images across primary social sites (ie. Instagram, TikTok and LinkedIn).
• Leverage all aspects of our brand stories, sustainability, fair labor accreditation, behind-the-scenes work life, photo shoots, and brand partnerships to create content for social media.
• Follows social media trends and brings recommendations that are relevant to the company’s marketing activities. This includes delivering insight from post-performance, presenting gained learns and develops a clear strategy for making improvements approaching the day and weeks ahead.
• Values the importance of developing and maintaining strong cross-functional relationships, and consistently shares learns from social conversations with partners as feedback is provided through post comments.
• Exceptional communication, both verbal as well as written are essential in this role. This person must interact with copywriters, designers, developers, and customers and report to our leadership team.
• 5+ years of social media planning and content creation
• Progressive in the social media space, pushing the thinking of the company to evolve with the speed of culture.
• Proven experience specific to Instagram and TikTok required, exposure to YouTube, LinkedIn, and others platforms are of great value.
• Experience with social media marketing tools such as Instagram Analytics and tools like Sprout/ Buffer/HootSuite.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication with strong attention to detail, grammar, and tone. Able to craft engaging content that aligns with the brand and its messaging.
• Experience in analyzing and reporting on campaign metrics.
• Ability to think outside the box, be resourceful, and work independently.
• Must be a creative thinker who can drive projects from start to finish.
• Strong project management and organizational skills, able to prioritize and multi-task with grace and ease.
• Familiar with all tools and possessing the computer skills that are required to analyze and effectively work on all social media platforms are requirements.
COVID-19 Vaccinations: Outerknown requires all employees to demonstrate proof of receiving all COVID-19 vaccinations that they are eligible for, as a condition of their employment.
This hybrid position will be based in our corporate office in Culver City, CA.