Ooni makes kickass outdoor ovens, all of which bake awesome pizza in just 60 seconds. Mind. Blown.
As well as ovens, we’re building software products to get incredible pizza to even more people. Our software engineering team is working on exciting new platforms and functionality across web and mobile. We’re looking for a Junior React Native Software Engineer to join the team and develop world class software products.
A Little About the Job
This role will give you end to end involvement in product development, working with our product managers and designers as part of the delivery team. As a React Native engineer your focus will be on our mobile app, but being adaptable is essential. Although this is a junior role, you will make meaningful contributions from the start. You’ll also be fully supported in your growth and career by the wider engineering and software team.
What you'll do:
- Delivery - Working with the engineering lead and cross functional development team to ship new features and enhancements for our customers.
- Engineering - Making improvements, troubleshooting, and refactoring to make things work better behind the scenes.
- Product - We value collaborative working and you’ll work closely with product managers and designers. Your technical and product input will help make sure we deliver value with each sprint.
- We make time for learning and growth. You’ll have the chance to expand your skills by working in new areas, collaborating with domain experts, and taking part in peer reviews and formal training.
- UX - From cross platform customer journeys to usability improvements. You’ll work with the product design team to create a world leading product experience.
- Process - You’ll take part in backlog grooming, sprint planning and review meetings and support our quest to constantly improve how we work. You’ll help make sure development tasks are accurately specified, tracked and completed.
What you'll need:
- A willingness to learn and work as part of a tight knit team!
- You can work independently on well defined development tasks and make informed decisions about the best approach to technical challenges.
- Experience integrating third-party libraries and APIs
- Demonstrable experience picking up new platforms and programming languages.
- A user focused mindset. You’re motivated to deliver benefits to customers and you consider value to customers and the business when managing your time.
- A natural collaborator. You demonstrate humility and compassion working with others to arrive at the most effective solutions.
- Appreciation of and commitment to our company values: Passion, Rigour, Innovation, Ambition and Kindness.
- Bonus: Experience releasing applications to the Google Play and Apple App stores.
- Bonus: Experience with Node and serverless functions.
- Essential: Love of pizza!
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. We’re super proud of our culture and think you’ll love it here too. Here are some other reasons:
- Work for an employer that cares about your wellbeing! We’ve got an employee assistance programme which includes on demand coaching and therapy sessions, plus a weekly yoga class
- 35 days of paid time off per year, plus an additional 5 week sabbatical when you’ve been here for 5 years
- £500 every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be
- £1000 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on any other Ooni stuff
- We’re all about giving back. That’s why we offer two paid days to volunteer each year
- Continuing Education - we encourage our employees to use our learning platform to grow here at Ooni
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
Take a look at our website to learn more about our products, culture and values. If you like what you see, send in your CV with a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. We really like nice letters – especially ones that are personalised just for us!
Closing date: Monday 31st October
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive, and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org