A Little About Us:
Here at Ooni, we're passionate about our people. Since our humble origins as a team of 2 back in 2012, we now employ over 300 talented, creative and kind pizza-lovers across the world. When you work here, you'll be joining a diverse team who value Kindness, Passion, Innovation, Ambition and Rigor above all else. We live, work and play by these values, and we think it shows.
A Little About the Role:
Ooni is looking for a Retail Marketing Manager (Trade Marketing Manager) to join our rapidly growing Marketing and Sales Teams. The Retail Marketing Manager will be a crucial role for determining the future growth across key customers and retail eCommerce.
You will partner closely with sales and marketing ensuring complete brand alignment with business objectives and priorities with our retailers. A depth of knowledge in sales, marketing and retail is required and having strategic and tactical agility to keep up with our brand growth. You will work closely with Sales leadership and our Head of Retail Marketing to execute strategies and campaigns that support our fast-growing and constantly changing business.
What You'll Do:
- Lead in development of product-specific promotional programs tailored to the needs and assigned budgets of individual retail accounts that set goals for increasing revenue, market share and brand awareness.
- Develop bespoke marketing promotional activities for key objectives and occasions. Establish KPIs for customer and consumer promotions, act as sales ambassador, ensuring all elements meet approvals & follow brand guidelines.
- Serve as the primary lead for retail marketing discussions with retailers. Oversee performance and implementation of marketing objectives per retailer, based on and sales objectives
- Align resources, service level, budgets and POS opportunities with level of importance/tiering in retail partners.
- Build partnerships with buying, marketing and merchandising leadership with key accounts, and set regular meeting cadences with retail stakeholders to check in on needs & report on progress
- Represent retailer point of view in internal meetings to highlight program objectives, and map out retail marketing plan-of-action with oversight of Head of Retail Marketing.
- Seeks out knowledge of competitive retailer program execution, recaps and brings findings back to the team.
- Responsible for working with external partners, creative and marketing teams to ensure all materials are produced on time, on budget, and executed successfully
- Ensure all milestones are met and tracked; during campaign creation and execution. Establish regular communication with Retail Marketing Lead and sales team to report on campaign progress & identify and address roadblocks.
- Socialize key learnings, insights and feedback from promotional activity across trade and sales teams, and partner with Retail Marketing Coordinator on all activity recaps.
- Partner with department leaders to develop and execute a comprehensive plan that supports business objectives. Collaborate with cross-functional partners on all key activities that deliver best-in-class results. Work with brand marketing, product, digital, and creative teams.
- Assist with trade events including consumer-facing demos, retail pop-ups/pop-ins, and trade shows as needed.
- Partner with brand and creative teams for all marketing projects and ensure final assets are in hand and/or distributed to key partners in advance of key launches
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 4+ Years in Retail Marketing/Sales/Brand Management/Category Management within the outdoor industry, consumer goods, or a retailer.
- 3+ Years’ Mid-Level Experience in Relevant Roles
- A strong understanding of brand management/marketing in premium retail environment as well as Ecommerce
- BA/BS Degree in Business, Marketing or related subject
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- A well-organized way of working and handling client requests.
- Are proactive and efficient. Our customers are our number one priority, we want them to feel valued and so we need to respond to them quickly, and more importantly, positively.
- Have a positive, growth mindset.
- Must be able to travel periodically both domestically (possibly internationally), as needed.
- You are flexible and willing to work as part of a global team across multiple time zones
- Excel and Google sheets are your best friends
- You are able to both work independently and with the team in an office with a hybrid schedule
- You are comfortable with high pace working environment
- You are goal and KPI driven
- Love of eating, making, talking about pizza.
- Can really get on board with our values (see below). They’re all important!
- Go to YouTube and search “We are Ooni”. That wee video pretty much says it all. If you like what you see, then you are our kind of person.
- Competitive salary
- Work for an employer that cares about your well-being! We’ve got an employee assistance program which includes on demand coaching and therapy sessions, plus a weekly yoga class
- $620 Passion Fund every year to spend on your passion – whatever that may be.
- $1200 to spend on Ooni products each year, plus 50% discount on all other Ooni stuff
- 35 days paid holiday per year, plus an additional 5 week sabbatical when you’ve been here for 5 years
- We’re all about giving back. That’s why we offer two paid days to volunteer each year
- Enrollment into our 401k plan, plus medical, dental and vision cover (100% cover for yourself and 50% cover for dependents)
- Great pizza every single day if you want it. Yep. Every single day. And we’ll teach you to become a pizza pro
If you like what you see, send in your CV with a cover letter to tell us why you want to come on board. We really love personalized letters so please don’t forget that bit.
Having a fantastic culture is really important to all of us at Ooni. We work hard to make it diverse and inclusive and want everyone to have access to the same opportunities. If you would like this advert in a different format or need an alternative method of applying, please let us know. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org