Makerble is cloud-based software that enables charities to change the world, faster. Working with the Marketing Director, you will run marketing campaigns that build our brand, increase the number of visits to our website by potential charity clients, increase the number of charities that sign up for a demo (or free trial) and ultimately increase the number of charities that become paying clients. This role is designed for someone who is a great communicator, creative and has good attention to detail.
Although every charity exists to create a positive impact in the world, most charities use antiquated systems to manage their work and measure their impact. Many charities use paper forms stored in filing cabinets and waste time typing information into multiple spreadsheets. Makerble brings charities into the 21st Century by providing modern software that manages their day-to-day work with vulnerable people and produces stunning reports that quantify the impact they make. Our software has CRM, Surveys and Data Analysis features. It is used by charities large and small, ranging from national charities like the Trussell Trust through to small local voluntary sector organisations like Advance Brighter Futures.
You will be expected to use your own laptop in this role.
Marketing: building our brand and charity client base by:
- Coming up with ideas for content and campaigns that can achieve our marketing objectives
- Drafting, scheduling and posting engaging social media posts using tools like tweetdeck and buffer
- Creating visuals to social media posts, blog articles and web pages using tools like Canva, Vimeo Create or other graphic design and basic video editing software
- Interacting with other charities on social media; liking, commenting, adding to lists, etc
- Creating case studies by arranging Interviews with existing customers, drafting interview questions, writing up the case studies and editing video recordings into short clips for social media posts
- Researching and reaching out to industry influencers we can interview for our podcast and blog
- Drafting, scheduling and publishing our newsletters using Mailchimp
- Updating the website as necessary with details of new features, landing pages for ads, bios, etc
- Researching journalists and publications that could feature Makerble and/or its founder
- Researching, drafting, writing and selling in press releases
- Researching events and networks that could provide mutually beneficial speaking or promotional opportunities to Makerble
- Organising online and in-person and online events which enable us to share case studies and promote our product
- Organising focus groups and surveys that provide industry insights we can use as content
- Identifying and pursuing other creative marketing opportunities
- Creating ads to go on various channels, e.g. Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads, Twitter Ads
- Tracking the performance of our content, ads and campaigns to see how they can be improved in order to better achieve our marketing objectives
General: contributing to the smooth running of a small growing tech startup
- Competitor analysis
- Getting involved in other projects and opportunities to develop your skills
This role is initially a 3-month post with a minimum commitment of 2 days a week. As a startup we are constantly learning and looking for opportunities to grow.
- We expect you to use your own laptop or computer (not a tablet) for work purposes.
- Experience in marketing - e.g. through employment, volunteering, university societies or otherwise
- Great communicator with the ability to quickly build rapport with people in the charity sector
- Excellent written English
- Willingness to learn quickly and understand the world our clients live in, i.e. the charity sector; outcome measurement, agile working and tools such as Slack, Trello and Google Drive.
- Experience of working for or with charities - whether as a paid member of staff or a volunteer
To apply, complete this online application form: https://forms.gle/rSpDsPETKk9pCcmX9 by 12pm BST on Tuesday 25th October 2022.
To apply, answer the following questions here:
- What is your greatest marketing achievement?
- How does Makerble's mission align with your personal values?
- Why do you want to volunteer in a small startup with under 10 team members, rather than work for a larger organisation?
- Provide a link to an example of visual content you have created. E.g. a poster, flyer, video, meme, etc.
- When are you available to start?
- This is a 2-day/week, 3 month volunteering role and as such has no salary attached. Which weekdays would you be available?
- Is there anything else that you would like to add in support of your application?