Location: Remote role, ideally within Central European time zone.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
The Organized Crime and Corruption Reporting Project (OCCRP) is a growing, global nonprofit media organization that is reinventing investigative journalism for the public good. By developing and equipping a global network of investigative journalists and publishing their stories, we expose crime and corruption so the public can hold power to account. We see a future where organized crime and corruption are drastically reduced and democracy is strengthened. Our global team is spread across six continents and includes editors, researchers, data engineers, security specialists, administrators, technologists, and strategists, each with areas of in-depth expertise.
OCCRP is seeking a social media intern to spend three to six months helping us expand our global readership and build relationships with online communities. This position requires a native-level English speaker who can boil down complex investigations into concise, compelling, and completely accurate copy. Ideally, candidates will also have a background in video and/or graphic design. The intern will receive a stipend.
- Manage and grow OCCRP’s presence on several social media channels, including Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
- Coordinate with OCCRP’s partners around the world to promote investigations.
- Brainstorm engagement campaigns that expand OCCRP’s reach with new audiences as well as strengthen ties with loyal readers.
- Help make social media videos that summarize our major investigations.
- The ability to write compelling, factually accurate, and concise copy that requires little editing.
- Native-level English ability.
- Ability to think about creative ways of reaching new audiences.
- Strong communication skills suited to working remotely and coordinating promotion.
- Organization and attention to detail.
- Basic graphic design and/or video editing skills are a major plus.
- Experience in social media management.
- Experience in journalism, multimedia marketing, or communications, ideally at a media organization.
To apply, please email a detailed resume and cover letter explaining why you want to work with OCCRP to jobs[at]occrp.org
All applications must be submitted in English. Incomplete applications will not be considered. While we have internal goals to reply to unsuccessful candidates, we regret that the high number of applicants greatly exceeds our capacity to respond to each person. We apologize that we will not be able to reply to any unsuccessful applicants.
As an equal opportunity employer, OCCRP values having a diverse workforce and strives to maintain an inclusive and equitable workplace. We offer competitive compensation and encourage people with a diverse range of backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate against any person based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, medical conditions, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics. If you are a qualified applicant requiring assistance or an accommodation to complete any step of the application process, please contact hr[at]occrp.org