Kindred is an early-stage venture capital fund based in London, investing in technology startups across Europe and in Israel. We invest in founders at the very beginning of their journey; when we make an investment in a business, we work hard for the founders to help them get further, faster. We have invested in 50 startups (our “portfolio”) across two funds, soon to be three funds, and support them with our full-time team of nine. The Community Lead will work directly with the Head of Network & Portfolio and the Operations Manager.
As a venture capital fund, Kindred has a unique model where every entrepreneur in the portfolio, our advisers, and team members all become co-owners in our fund, which means that everyone shares in the profits of one another's success - we call it Equitable Venture. You can read founder reviews of their experience with Kindred here.
About the Community Lead Role
The Community Lead will be responsible for building community across our network of founders and operators at Kindred-backed startups. They will establish programmes that help individuals develop the capabilities and knowledge they need to build Europe's next unicorn companies, in particular through events, written content, networks and community initiatives. It’s a fantastic chance to work with some of the most inspiring people across the European Tech ecosystem.
This is a non-exhaustive list of core aspects of the role. You don’t need to have in-depth knowledge of venture capital firms to apply (although this is a plus!). What’s critical is an interest in community and tech startups.
- Engage and activate our founder community and operator communities (Heads of / VPs / CxOs) through events, digital communications, and content
- Build relationships with Kindred-backed founders and operators, and understand individual and collective priorities
- Develop strategic initiatives to address those top priorities and challenges
- Engage with stakeholders in the broader tech ecosystem (service providers, talent, experts) that can help accelerate the growth of Kindred portfolio companies
- Manage resource library, develop new how-to guides and playbooks based on user research and interviews
- Maintain and expand Kindred’s CRM
- Measure and assess the activity and performance of our portfolio support activities
- This is a fast-paced role with no two days the same! You will be joining a small collaborative team working together with an open, mission-oriented culture
- Competitive compensation and carry in the fund via equitable venture
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits including medical and dental
- Generous family leave
- Pension contribution
- Personal development budget