Our Academic/Teaching placements are a chance for a qualified (or qualifying) teacher to make a major impact in the classroom with the Ascent Soccer boys and girls. As we prepare our scholars for global academic opportunities, your role would focus on English tutoring, study skills and testing tools, and overall academic support. This 2023 impact placement is available from January to April.
For all of our ‘Impact Placements’, here’s what’s provided by Ascent Soccer:
- Private double room in the Ascent Soccer ‘Guest House’, with high-speed internet, on a beautiful farm located 12km outside of Lilongwe
- Complete room & board (meals and drinking water while working and/or at the Guest House)
- Access to a shared vehicle for Ascent Soccer programming
- Advice and support for your time in Malawi, including in-country and regional travel options/support
To be provided by the ‘Impact Placement’ guest:
- Flights (Return flight from your location to Lilongwe, Malawi)
- Visa ($50 USD) & Immunizations (if required)
- Personal spending money while in Malawi and/or traveling for leisure
- Note: For your flight, incidentals, etc. — it’s also possible to fundraise for this portion of the ‘Impact Placement’, with Ascent support with online fundraising tools, guidance and advice.