Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
The VP Product Strategy & Innovation is the leader, visionary, and end-to-end owner of General Assembly’s multichannel portfolio of products and programs—from apprenticeships to instructor-led bootcamps and short courses to asynchronous microlearning—that have launched thousands of adults into new careers in tech.
The VP Product Strategy & Innovation will be fluent in tech skills training -- particularly in software engineering and data science -- as well as the talent acquisition practices used to target, recruit, screen, onboard, retain and up-skill this particular type of high-demand talent.
The VP Product Strategy & Innovation is also responsible for a team of commercial product managers who own the overall product lifecycle which includes gathering and prioritizing market requirements, determining the right mix of product initiatives that will maximize portfolio ROI, working with the development, delivery, and operations team on the delivery of capabilities, and confirming that the result meets the specified requirements and objectives.
The successful candidate has a blend of visionary and analytical skills, can account for every dollar we invest in products, how it benefits the customer and creates value, and how/when we make a return on investment.
- Manage the business metrics of the portfolio product lines (enrollments, revenue, margin, NPS), providing recommendations to improve the commercial performance of our products and ensure financial goals are met
- Extract maximum commercial value from the product line through development, pricing, and new feature development
- Drive highly effective customer experience as measured by NPS and Career Outcomes, understanding and improving the end-to-end customer journey
- Provide ongoing market analysis and action plans by tracking the market and competitive dynamics for the portfolio product lines
- Identify customer and market requirements through market analysis, win/loss calls, and voice-of-customer (VOC) interviews with customers (CHROs, CTOs, Talent Acquisition leads)
- Drive delivery of market and customer requirements, including definition, prioritization, trade-offs, and execution of release goals
- Design and drive the product roadmap and portfolio for both short- and long-term growth by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, including customers, partners, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Success
- Execute new product launch plans, partnering with Product Marketing and Sales Enablement to provide product education, demonstrations, and expertise to internal and external customers
- Be the internal product evangelist and a sought after internal and external market expert and ensures that solutions meet user and business requirements
- Develop and execute product pricing plans including price change implementation and tracking competitive market pricing
- Drive and support ongoing sales and customer education and communication programs to ensure full understanding of product features, benefits and comparisons to competitive products and promote value-based selling propositions
- Leadership - Manage the team of Product Managers, ensuring the team is properly resourced, structured, and set up for success
- Strategic/Tactical Balance – Ability to balance the market and product vision and lead a team through disciplined tactical execution
- Commercial product management expertise – Demonstrate a track record of success in B2C and B2B product management
- Market Focus – Analyze and understand market segmentation, trends, players and the impact to product commercialization and strategy
- Customer Focus – Analyze and understand voice of the customer (win/loss, NPS, customer interviews) and the impact to customer experience
- Product Focus – Translate market and customer feedback into requirements, driving product delivery through an agile release process
- Cross-functional leadership – Lead and drive execution across Development, Sales, Marketing, Support, and Customer Success
- Drive & Grit – Operate in a fast-paced environment with a focus and determination to achieve high-quality results
The anticipated annualized salary range for this position in the US market is $157,000 - $214,000. Salary will be determined based on experience, education, geographic location, and other factors. If hired as a regular full-time employee, this position will include a variable compensation plan which could be a bonus or a commission.
US benefit offerings for full-time employment may include medical, dental, vision, term life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, additional voluntary benefits, commuter benefits, wellness plans & reimbursement and retirement programs. Available paid leave may include paid time off, parental leave and holiday pay.
The salary range published in this job posting is for US based locations only. Non-US based candidates interested in this position can email email@example.com for country specific pay range details and benefits offered.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.