Oliva is proper mental healthcare for employers who want to make a real impact on both their teammates’ lives and their organisation’s performance.
Combining a curated team of highly-qualified mental health professionals, personalised therapist matching by real humans, dedicated training & support for managers, and a hassle-free digital experience, we're the UK & Europe’s first mental healthcare solution that can truly support employees with a broad spectrum of mental health needs.
We've raised funding from one of Europe's best venture capital firms and various top-notch angels. And now, we're looking for a Senior Full-Stack Engineer to embark on this journey with us.
This isn't just any job. We want to make a meaningful impact on an industry that changes people’s lives. The ideal candidate is not only a highly-experienced engineer, but also someone who’s passionate about joining a movement to reimagine modern mental healthcare.
You’ll develop web-based products that make it simple to access therapy and other mental health services, working with our product team on a day-to-day basis to design, build, and implement our product.
Our existing technology is at a very early stage and lightweight. So you’ll get to build most things from scratch with few constraints from legacy technology.
You can either work remotely in Europe/UK (with valid working permit), or from our headquarters in Barcelona.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Designing and implementing a backend made from cloud-based components to support 10,000 concurrent users without bottlenecks. We use AWS (Lambdas, PostgreSQL Aurora database), and GraphQL (Nexus, Apollo Server, Relay). We use Typescript as the programming language.
- Using a component-based frontend framework to build a frontend optimised for performance and a design system to make the development easy. We use React, NextJS, TailwindCSS, all written in Typescript.
- Making sure our frontend performs very well across all key devices and browsers
- Building integrations between our product and third-party APIs (e.g. Whereby, Cronofy, Google Calendar)
- Keeping our customer's information safe by maintaining the highest standards of privacy
- Writing tests that ensure that our applications perform as expected (e2e, unit, integration tests using Playwright, React Testing Library, Jest)
- Contributing to our engineering culture by following Agile principles, ensuring code is well-documented, backed by unit testing, and enabled for continuous integration
- Mentoring, coaching, and training other colleagues as a domain expert in full-stack development
Who you are
You're a talented, senior-level full-stack engineer with extensive experience in shipping production technology to real users. You're used to working in a fast-paced environment, you're a team player, and you're excited to build technology that has a real positive impact on people (not just another SaaS tool 😉).
- Have a well-established track record shipping products to real users
- Can communicate effectively in English, both written and spoken.
- Can put together a clean user interface using React based on an existing design system
- Know how to stitch together infrastructure using AWS/GCP components or a similar platform
- Are confident designing and implementing systems to keep user information secure
- Are an independent thinker and make sensible compromises between shipping features and keeping things stable
- Feel comfortable working in a SCRUM team and enjoy coaching colleagues to get the best out of themselves
We come to work each day knowing that we're contributing to a truly meaningful mission: to improve the mental health of millions of people worldwide.
On top of this, you get:
- A healthy salary and early-employee stock options in a rapidly growing startup
- Plenty of paid time off to relax and recharge your batteries
- Private medical insurance
- Therapy allowance—and encouragement to take advantage of it
- Wellbeing allowance
- Fully remote environment with 2+ team offsites a year
- Remote work allowance or a full co-working membership
- Core hours to plan your work around life
- Professional learning & development opportunities to help you grow
- An autonomous, vibrant, and flexible work environment
Diversity & inclusion
We know the tech industry has a diversity problem. Without proactively addressing this, we could easily end up hiring a lot of very similar people. So we’re enthusiastically encouraging applications from underrepresented groups in our industry. We hire with fairness and awareness—and we mean it.
Whoever you may be: regardless of age, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, gender, religion, disability, background, or identity, we’d love to hear from you. If you need any adjustments during the interview process, let us know and we’ll accommodate.
Who we are
Oliva is a tight-knit, experienced, and passionate team of engineers, designers, marketers, and psychologists. We’ve all been through our own battles with burnout, anxiety, low self-esteem, and depression. And while we’ve all had both positive and less positive experiences with mental healthcare, we know first-hand that talking through your problems makes a massive difference once you find the right person.
Our co-founders, Javier Suarez and Sançar Sahin, have both experienced the emotional highs and lows of scaling successful tech startups and lived to tell the tale. Javier co-founded the business travel startup TravelPerk—which went on to serve thousands of businesses and employ hundreds of people—and previously led innovation at Booking.com. Sançar has led marketing teams at Typeform, Hotjar, and GetApp.
If you’ve ever felt like you needed mental health support but had no idea where to start, you’re in good company. Our goal is to stop people from feeling like that.