Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 600+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 100M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You take pride in writing high-quality, high-performance code, supporting systems in production, and you enjoy working with a team of awesome developers. You are humble with a sense of humor and don’t take yourself too seriously. You have been working in or dreamed of working in the gaming industry and are ready to turn your talents towards chess! We have served more than two BILLION chess games, and we need you to help take us to 10 billion and beyond.
What You’ll Do
- You will work with service-based architecture and cloud native apps to maintain system efficiency and security
- You will write code. A lot of it!
- Collaborate with team members to design and ship the best for Chess and chess.com
- Strong knowledge of Java 11+
- Practice in building cloud native applications
- Passionate about delivering high-quality code
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with RESTful web services
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL storages (e.g. Mysql, DynamoDB)
- Eagerness to constantly develop and learn new things
- Strong collaboration and communication skills working in a fully distributed team
- Sense of ownership and responsibility
- Chess player
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with message logs (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis, Redis)
- Experience in writing software running at scale
- Understanding of functional and reactive programming models (Reactor would be nice!)
- Lifelong learner
About the Opportunity
- This is a full time or equivalent position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This is open to applicants from anywhere!
You can learn more about us here:
We look forward to meeting you!