Sweep is hiring aSoftware Engineer In Test, based in France (ideally Montpellier or Paris), to work on our enterprise climate programme software.
Climate change is the defining issue of our time. By empowering companies with technology that helps them manage their climate impact, we believe Sweep can make a meaningful contribution to a better future for all of us.
Ok, sounds promising. What will I be doing?
As part of the engineering team, you will work on ensuring the best quality of our SaaS tool that allows companies to measure and track their greenhouse gas emissions, set reduction goals and report on progress towards a cleaner future. You will also work on the Sweep marketplace that allows companies to make contributions to cutting edge climate solutions.
To be more specific, this includes:
1. Build for quality 🔍
- Implement and improve quality assurance tools, standards and procedures
- Create detailed and comprehensive test plans and cases
- Write and maintain automatic tests (Cypress, Rails, Jest)
2. Be a team citizen 👫
- Participate actively in the team meetings (standup, planning, etc)
- Stand as a quality gate keeper of your team
- Collaborate on the technical design of significant features
3. Keep an eye on things 👀
- Monitor, document and track bugs
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
That sounds just right for me. What do I need to bring?
Glad you asked. This is who we’re looking for:
- Proven work experience in Saas quality assurance
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Proficiency with command line tools and unix/linux environments
- Familiarity with with AWS cloud services
- You value quality over quantity
- You have a passion for solving problems, developing the solutions and building products
- You are enthusiastic, self motivated and autonomous
- You bring all-round communication skills and an ability to work collaboratively
- You are a team player
- You care about our mission of creating a better future for all of us
Copy that. And what’s in it for me?
You will be joining an exciting young business that wants to change the world. With a proven track record in starting companies, we’re hitting the ground running and aim to have an impact fast. Joining this journey allows you to grow with us, own your role, and really help shape our path.
You will join a dynamic team of engineers, business minds, creatives and carbon experts spread across Europe and beyond. We’re a fun bunch of people that want to work hard and enjoy ourselves while doing so. We believe in creating a calm environment that knows that life is not just work, and we’ll all be doing better work because of that.
We’re big believers in creating successful businesses that are good for everyone, including society and the planet. That’s why we’re an “Entreprise à Mission” and a Certified B Corp.
We think this might be the ride of our lives. And hopefully yours, too.