Role: Live Operations Duty Manager
Location: Remote, UK
Hours: 40 hours per week - PM Shift (13:00-22:00) Mon-Fri Additional on-call hours (evenings and weekends) based on a 1 week in 3 rota pattern
Zeelo is growing fast and we are looking for a Duty Manager to join our Live Operations team.
Zeelo has an ever-growing number of services and we pride ourselves on providing a personal and efficient service to our customers each and every day.
This team is integral to ensuring the efficient running of these services and driving excellent service standards by ‘going the extra mile’ for our customers.
This is an opportunity to be an integral part of a small team with huge ambition.
We’re looking for an engaging and passionate communicator, someone who values building strong relationships with people and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
What you need to know about Zeelo
- Zeelo is a smart bus platform for organisations.
- We’re on a mission to build the world’s leading smart mobility platform for organisations, enabling access to safe and sustainable transportation for everyday journeys.
- We sell turnkey, managed and software solutions to employers (office-based and shift-based) and schools (private schools and universities).
- We have developed a best-in-class technology platform that connects organisations with riders and operator partners via a route optimization platform, mobile apps and operations management system.
- We’re just over 5-years old, backed with over $25M of venture capital from ETF Partners, InMotion Ventures (Jaguar Land Rover) and Dynamo.VC.
- We’re a team of 155+ across 4 offices (London, Barcelona, US and Durban) and live in 3 markets (UK, US and South Africa).
- We encourage a culture where people work smart, move fast, and work together; where performance is rewarded and all team members feel supported on the ride of a lifetime. Our people demonstrate the following virtues in how we work ‘for the pod’:
- The Live Operations department, or ‘Pod’ as we call it at Zeelo, consists of the Senior Live Operations Manager plus shift based staff covering the early, mid and late shifts. This gives us 24/7/365 coverage across all countries. Each shift has a Duty Manager plus 5-6 Live Operation Specialists/Advisors under their direct line management.
- The Live Operations POD is positioned alongside the Customer Care POD and both sit within Global Operations
What you’ll do
- Support the Senior Live Operations Manager to lead the Live Operations Pod and enable Pod OKRs to be delivered.
- On a daily basis you will own all aspects of running your shift; ensuring your staff are in place and engaged, the operation is running smoothly and any issues are dealt with efficiently.
- Take the lead on incident resolution when serious incidents occur; acting as Bronze Commander within Zeelo’s escalation process.
- Closely communicate and liaise with other Managers across the business and make decisions across the full Global Operations remit.
- Work alongside your team during periods of intensity to resolve issues.
- Liaise with the product department to drive advancement in our technology roadmap and ensure any issues are escalated in a timely manner.
- Focus on developing your people and implementing PDP’s with monthly reviews including setting goals.
- Carry out line management duties which include; welfare checks, 1:1 meetings, regular appraisals, disciplinary and return to work meetings.
- In addition to your normal shift pattern, you will need to be on-call at certain times to cover the Bronze Commander position where there is no Duty Manager on shift. This will be on a rota pattern.
- Leading the professional approach of the Global Operations team with respect to language, attitude and visibility. Also helping to enforce this within your team.
- Generally work remotely however, you will need to be available to attend monthly workshops and strategy meetings as your Line Manager requires.
- Collaborate with the other Live Operations Duty Managers and also the Team Leaders from the Customer Care POD to achieve cohesion across the shifts.
- Represent Global Operations and the Live Operations POD and where required stand in for the Senior Live Operations Operations Manager.
- Foster excellent stakeholder relationships through positive engagement with others; providing constructive feedback and prioritising solutions over blame
- Oversee the day to day operation, delegate tasks, set deadlines and provide clear direction.
- Take responsibility for the recording and analysing of the Live Operations POD data and share this with the relevant stakeholders to drive continuous improvement.
- Drive and develop holistic service levels across all our contact channels Telephone, Email, Live chat, and Social Media often making decisions around priorities and allocating work to agents to ensure we achieve our goals.
- Be a brand ambassador for our customer and your team. Lead by example by setting standards of behaviour in line with the Zeelo People policies and processes.
- Support your team with all escalated operational stakeholder issues, ensuring any negative experience is quickly turned around and every interaction is finished positively on first contact.
- Evaluate, develop and implement processes and procedures to deliver an efficient and effective service in order to minimise operational, financial and reputational risk.
- Discover training needs/skill gaps and carry out/organise training interventions.
- Listen to team member feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts in a timely manner.
What makes you a good fit for the role
- Deep process-driven mentality, ensuring the Incident Process is always followed and improved.
- Experience as a Duty / Shift Manager in a fast-paced operations / controller environment where you have led a team on a daily basis and acted as a line manager for them.
- 2+ years experience working within a coach / bus operations environment, specifically with respect to working with drivers and operators to resolve service issues as they arise.
- Good understanding of platform based technologies including driver and rider apps plus controller software
- Ability to identify and carry out coaching interventions.
- In depth knowledge of performance metrics and ability to interrogate data.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to the individual or circumstance.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to work cross functionally across Pods.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately.
- Ability to work in a changing environment, proactively responding to changing requirements.
- Works well as part of a team but is a self-starter and can work independently.
- Good working knowledge of Office based tools, as well as experience working with proprietary systems.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Budget management experience.
- Experience and flexibility for working shift patterns.
- Incident Management
- Process Driven
- Confidence to respectfully challenge
- Ability to understand, predict and adapt to fast paced environment
- Inspiring colleagues and teams to excel
- Ability to think clearly under pressure
- An amazing brand ambassador
Applications should be made via the Zeelo Careers Page or directly through LinkedIn
1 - 20 min phone screen with the Talent Acquisition team *(not required for internal candidates)
2 - 45 minute Zoom with Senior Live Operations Manager
3 - Role related assessments
4 - Completion of Psychometric Test
5 - 20 minute Final Stage interview with the Director of Operations