We are looking for a senior software architect with deep understanding of how to implement an iterative architecture roadmap that leverages tier one cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure. You will have an understanding of at least one of the following technologies (Node.js, Python, .NET Core). Your primary focus will be guiding engineering teams within FFA’s portfolio as they define, develop, and maintain server-side logic, databases, and other critical elements of their architecture including best practices. You will also ensure that the architecture is flexible and scalable to support the future growth of FFA’s portfolio businesses.
- Guiding the implementation of serverless, containerized and cloud computing powered architecture
- Coaching teams on writing reusable, testable, and efficient code using at least one of the following backend technologies like NodeJs, Python or .NET Core
- Designing and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications
- Implementation of security to adhere to data protection policies
- Integration of data storage solutions like MySQL, DynamoDB, and MongoDB
- Encourage and initiate the use of agile and DevOps methodologies with patterns that promote continuous integration, testing, test-driven development, and delivery.
- At least 7+ years of experience working with well-engineered software products with modern technologies and understanding of best practices
- Experience building scalable SaaS based products across any of the tier one cloud platforms e.g. Azure, AWS, GCP etc
- Ability to lead workshops and collaborate closely with ambition founders across Africa Good working knowledge of API design and implementation (e.g. OpenAPI, REST, and GraphQL)
- Understanding microservices architecture design paradigms
- Proficiency in at least one of the following development languages: .Net Core, NodeJS, or Python
- Good understanding of automated deployment pipelines using CI/CD principles
- Strong understanding of integration and service orchestration
- Experience working in an agile environment and the ability to constantly test, learn and iterate based on user feedback and prioritize features
- Previous working experience as a business analyst or technical product manager
- Previous working experience within the startup ecosystem
- Great team player and problem solver
- Relentlessly resourceful and creative problem solving skills
- High risk tolerance and boundless ambition
- A collaborative approach and willingness to be wrong
Founders Factory Africa provides a rare opportunity to join a team of world-class thinkers, entrepreneurs, and creators. We provide the freedom and excitement of early-stage startups but the stability and resources of a large organisation.
Founders Factory Africa has global ambitions, and you’ll play a key role in our future success. This role is a once in a lifetime opportunity to join a high-growth organization as part of the founding team and to help shape the future of Africa’s startup ecosystem.