Job Title: Treasury Manager – Front Office and Liquidity Portfolio
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday (09:00-17:00)
Salary: Up to £80k and up to 20% bonus and benefits
Location: Flexible, we could support hybrid working from either our Blackpool of London office.
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with greener ways to spend, borrow and save.
With more than 500 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.
We’re on a mission to proactively help our customers to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a hardworking and driven Treasury Manager to support us on our journey.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Bank’s treasury front office activities with specific responsibility for the management of the Bank’s treasury liquidity bond portfolio
Tandem is building a versatile and dynamic Treasury Team which will allow the Bank to achieve its growth plans in a prudent and sustainable way. The team operates on a hybrid basis, with frequent opportunities to meet up and work collaboratively, either in London or Blackpool. As Treasury Manager -Front Office and Liquidity Portfolio , you will play a key role in building Treasury Team’s capability to manage and control the Bank’s liquidity bond portfolio, interest rate derivatives and other market facing transactions; working with both external and internal colleagues to achieve the Bank’s goals. This is an important role within the Treasury department and we are looking to recruit someone who has a strong understanding /experience of Bank liquidity portfolios, bond markets (especially high credit quality assets) and front office treasury activities.
What you will be working on:
- Responsibility for the Bank’s Treasury day to day Front office and liquidity portfolio activities:
- Managing the bank’s daily interest rate risk, bond and funding transactions including internal/external reporting and MI
- Managing and controlling the Bank’s TMS system and booking activities, working closely with the back office
- Responsibility for liquidity portfolio bond purchases, pricing and booking (with recommendation papers to ALCO /senior management as required )
- Conducting and developing initial and ongoing credit checks for bond purchases, including bond portfolio monitoring and review to meet regulatory and internal control requirements
- Undertaking regular market/liquidity testing for bonds to meet regulatory/ILAAP expectations
- Developing of the Bank’s Treasury Policy for front office activities and ALCO reporting/MI
- Support the Head of Treasury and Treasury Director on other treasury related market and execution activities as required
- Develop external market relationships with banks, bond issuers and other market counterparties to support the Bank’s treasury deliverables
What we're looking for:
- Strong experience of working in/managing Treasury front office activities, preferably in a banking environment
- Strong understanding of high quality liquid asset eligible bonds (covered bonds, government bonds, supranational bonds) and related markets
- Hands on experience on managing a bank TMS (Treasury Management System) and related control and reporting processes
- Strong numerical background with a proven ability within financial mathematics.
- Treasury/Accounting or similar qualification; CertBALM, ACCA, ACT, CFA.
- Experience of working in the Treasury department of a mid-sized building society or challenger bank.
- Educated to degree level, ideally with a mathematical/numerical focus.
- 25 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holiday
- Buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year
- 1 day off for your birthday
- Electric Vehicle scheme
- Cycle to work scheme and a free helmet
- Reward Hub for treats, cash back and discounts
- Pension contribution matched up to 4%
- 2 days per year paid volunteering
- Free cereal and snacks in the office
- Smart tech scheme (buy goods with 0% interest)
- 10% discount on solar panels
- Quarterly team social budgets
- Healthcare plan through Westfield Health
- Free flu jabs
Take part in our Green Deal
- Volunteer 2 days a year for charity > receive an early Friday finish
- Raise £200 per annum for charity > Tandem provide PR and marketing support
- Have renewable energy at home > receive an additional 1-day annual leave
- Drive a lower emissions or hybrid car > free raffle entries with the chance to win a weekend away for 2
- Drive an electric car > receive £500 towards a home charger
Tandem is an equal opportunity employer and are committed to meeting our responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010). We respect the diverse experience and talents that every individual brings to our Company, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
Please be aware that background checking (including credit and criminal records checks) form part of our recruitment process. We will adhere to our duties under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.