We are looking for a Business Development Representative (Equity Fundraising Manager) to join the Team in our Paris office, focused on bringing the best of Frenchtech businesses to the Crowdcube platform. This is the perfect opportunity for a passionate individual to help us shape the world of startup funding, retail investment and have a real impact on companies and people's lives.
This role requires fluency in both French and English and is based in Paris.
Join us at the most exciting time and be one of the first members of the Crowdcube French team!
What you will be doing:
As an Equity Fundraising Manager, you will play a key role in driving our International growth with a focus in France. You will have the opportunity to speak to bold founders from across the French Tech ecosystem and educate them about community fundraising with Crowdcube.
Day to day you will:
* Generate leads for new investment opportunities, either from our inbounds, cold outbounds, tapping into your network for referrals, or through our marketing activities.
* Build and maintain relations with startup founders in order to gain an understanding of their business and funding requirements.
* Cultivate a thorough understanding of the alternative finance/startup/funding industry in France and in Europe and keep abreast of significant developments in the space.
The varied nature of this role means there is no set profile for the ‘perfect’ Fundraising Manager, however, you will ideally have some working knowledge of the startup ecosystem. Perhaps you have worked in VC, at a top accelerator, in a sales role for an early-stage company - or even founded your own company prior to joining us!
The job requires a wide set of skills, including top-notch interpersonal skills, a commercial mindset, good organization, understanding of a sales process, and a genuine empathy for early stage founders/team and the challenges they go through.
* Have at least 1 year of experience in consultative sales, business development and/or partnerships.
* Are efficient and organized, commercially focused and able to prioritise effectively to drive revenue and achieve targets.
* Are confident in speaking with founders and management teams, with a natural flair for building relationships and to negotiate.
* Are hardworking, know how to listen to feedback, and able to embrace the change that is constant in a fast growth business.
* Are a team player, able to collaborate with and support members of the team to achieve the same goal.
And you have:
* A passion for startups, entrepreneurship and fintech.
* Experience working with a CRM (ideally Salesforce).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Experience or knowledge of the French Tech ecosystem, ideally an existing network.
* Familiarity with Crowdcube, you’ve either invested with us, have registered as an investor or worked at one of our portfolio companies (desirable)
* English and French Professional Working Proficiency.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
* Competitive salary, plus up to 25% bonus
* Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
* Mutuelle (Alan)
* Access to Plumm, a mental health platform
* Swile tickets restaurant
* Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a €1000 training and wellness budget per year
* Weekly demos to show what we’re working on, monthly team meetings
* Company perks such as fruit and snacks
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.