BeZero Carbon is a global ratings agency for the Voluntary Carbon Market. Our ratings allow all market participants to price and manage risk. BeZero’s ratings and research tools support buyers, intermediaries, investors, and carbon project developers.
Founded in April 2020, our 100-strong team combines climatic and earth sciences, sell-side financial research, earth observation, machine learning, data and technology, engineering, and public policy expertise. We work from five continents.
We’re looking for a hands-on People Operations Analyst, who can confidently manage the day-to-day people processes that keep our business running, as well as support the People Operations Manager with strategic projects. This is a great opportunity to gain exposure to every part of the employee lifecycle in a fast growing scale-up environment.
You will be joining a small but mighty operations team, with lots of opportunities to develop and learn with us as we grow. This is a great opportunity for you if you've got 1-2 years people / HR experience but are looking to make the transition to a varied and fast paced role that will give you exposure to HR, people ops, talent acquisition and business partnering.
- Support the processes that are key to our employees having a seamless experience, including onboarding and offboarding, benefits, leave of absence, and executing on our employee policies.
- Own the maintenance of our people data and documentation through our HRIS.
- Take ownership of documenting workflow and procedures, updating existing processes and proactively suggesting better ways for us to perform our work.
- Support the People Operations Manager with projects and initiatives such as:
- Building our feedback culture and appraisal system
- Developing and executing our DE&I strategy
- Designing a best-in-class scalable onboarding experience
You will be our ideal candidate if:
- You have 1-2 years professional experience working within a business in people operations or HR
- You are passionate about people and enabling them to do career defining work
- You have a flexible problem-solving approach to work, with a willingness to be curious and take on new challenges
- You use discretion and are able to handle highly sensitive information
Extra points if you have:
- An HR qualification
- An interest in climate and environmental topics
Please know that even if you don’t have experience in all the areas above but think you could do a great job and are excited about building a great company culture, bringing transparency to the voluntary carbon market, and being part of a fast-growing team, we would love to hear from you!
What we’ll offer:
- Opportunity to work in a cross-cutting role, interacting with lots of different parts of the business
- Competitive salary and equity in a rapidly growing VC-backed start-up through share options
- 25 days leave (with additional time off between Christmas and New Year, and for your birthday)
- Private medical insurance, dental, critical illness cover, income protection, life assurance, medical cash plan, cycle to work scheme, and a health and wellness cash allowance
- Regular social events
- Enhanced parental leave
- Nomad working over the summer, allowing you to work from another country
Our interview process:
- Initial screening interview (15 mins)
- Second interview(s) + skills test
- Final interview with senior management
- Reference checks + offer
We value diversity at BeZero Carbon. We need a team that brings different perspectives and backgrounds together to build the tools needed to make the voluntary carbon market transparent. We are therefore committed to not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, age, or disability.