Would you like to join a rapidly growing company where you can build partnerships with Indian universities to offer virtual internship programs to thousands of students and prepare them for the future of work?
Are you a passionate, outcome-oriented Partnership Specialist who is passionate about Higher Education/ Employability/ Career/ Experiential Learning?
Virtual Internships is an EdTech startup that delivers global work experience programs that help young people to pursue their dream career. With a network of more than 7000 host companies located in more than 70 countries around the world and an incredible team of dedicated professionals, we match thousands of students to virtual internships each year and deliver world-class support and employability programming to supplement the internship experience.
We’re proud to be on ‘Tech in Asia’s Top 50 Rising Startup’ List (No.6 in Vietnam) and backed by some of the world’s top investors who were early investors in Airbnb, Zoom and LinkedIn.
You'll be joining a diverse and passionate team of 120+ working across 20+ countries that believe that remote work is here to stay.
Join us at this exciting time as we grow and expand our reach in India.
What you will do
As Virtual Internships is entering a high-growth phase with increased scale and depth of partnerships, we are seeking to expand our partnerships team within APAC region. We are specifically looking for a Partnerships Development Manager for India. This position reports directly to the Head of Education Partnership (APAC).
Working with a world-class globally distributed team, you will:
- Develop new partnerships with Universities/ Colleges & establish new leads through direct outreach, conferences, LinkedIn, demand generation activities & networking across India
- Be responsible for generating & managing your pipeline including prospecting, following up with leads, demos, writing & compiling full proposal
- Be responsible for developing, conducting, and evaluating campaigns to initiate contact with new institutions across India
- Organize virtual events for the promotion of programs with or without partners and manage other ad-hoc business development duties
Will you be responsible for lead generation?
- Whilst some lead generation will be necessary, we have a dedicated Partnership Development Associate team that will be responsible for developing new leads. You will provide the guidance and leadership for the lead generation plan.
- Once a contact from a potential partner has been qualified by the PDA, as the Partnership Development Manager, you will be responsible for conducting a meeting and introducing the VI program - ultimately responsible for closing the deal with a win.
What do we offer
Flexibility- flexible work schedule where you manage your own working hours
Remote working - with a budget to support your productivity and your choice of where to work from
Open-minded leaders- with colleagues who care about your career goals. There are monthly global virtual events including town halls, ask me anything sessions, virtual coffee chats, and virtual team building
Professional Development- with a budget that you can utilize however you wish
Company Laptop- paid for by VI
Birthday Leave- go enjoy yourself on your birthday without needing to use your annual leave
Direct contribution- ideas and solutions are encouraged from everyone. Your input is valued and you have a unique opportunity to directly impact the success and help shape the future of VI
Meritocracy- a culture that prides itself on internal promotions and meritocracy. The majority of our managerial team have risen up (quickly) through the company, including our COO, CAO, CFO, Head of Company Experience, and Head of Intern Experience
More about Virtual Internships
We’re on a mission to bridge the gap between education and the workplace by making internships accessible to all and preparing young people for the future of work.
We work with Universities, Education Institutions & Foundations, Agents, K-12 Schools, and Corporates to provide their students, graduates, or employees with an employability program that incorporates upskilling courses, mentor coaching, and a guaranteed remote work placement.
Some Highlights include
- Finalist for 2022 Go:Tech Awards
- Top100 EdTechStartup Selected by HolonIQ in 2021
- Featured on Forbes, BBC News, BBC World, The Telegraph, The Independent, and Professionals in International Education
- Top 20 EdTech Startups ready to address the education’s sector’s biggest challenges in 2020
- Winner of the 2020 prestigious MassChallenge accelerator program
- A deep passion for the Higher Education sector, and a network within Higher Education institutions in India
- 3+ years of experience in partnership development with / sales of products to Higher Edu institutions in India
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Fluency in English - (you don’t need an IELTS, but if you did it would be 7.0+)
- The ability to work remotely within India timezone
- Experience with sales engagement tools or CRM systems
Consider this our wish-list. We know there will be great candidates that don't meet every one of these criteria—if you're passionate about the role and have early-stage startup experience, we'd still love to hear from you.