Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here - Diversity & Inclusion
About the Demand Team:
The Demand Team ensures customers are able to provide the value they want to their consumers, via the app and the API. They have two key areas of focus; the first being access, enabling customers to understand the value of WeGift and use the product easily. The second is around expansion, enabling customers to scale their payout offering and providing the tools they need to do so.
About the Product Manager Role:
As the Senior Product Manager on our Demand team, you'll lead a team of engineers and designers in close collaboration with the Partnerships, Sales and Marketing teams team to build and scale our self-serve products which provides a seamless onboarding experience for new and existing customers. You'll be responsible for defining and driving the product roadmap, setting priorities, managing stakeholders, and delivering features.
We value transparency, so before we get started here’s some things you should know about the role…
- In a start-up, things often change last minute. It’s important these situations don’t frustrate you and you thrive with unknowns, with a focus on delivery
- As part of the process you will be expected to complete a take home task, this is so we can gain an insight to your product skills and communication style, but also for you to get a taste of the work you will do in this role
What Excites You:
- The opportunity to build revolutionary API and consumer centric products which create a delightful experience for our customers, focusing on metrics and optimising user journey flow.
- The opportunity to collaborate with an engineering team and build an outstanding experience for our developers
- Being technically focused, and passionate about the chance to contribute to taking a new product to market. Your well versed with API’s and how they can positively impact both customers, and our engineering team
- Understanding stakeholder and customer requirements, interpreting data and research to deliver on a roadmap that helps the business to achieve its goals and outcomes
- Solving customer problems and working with cross-functional teams to deliver solutions for management Self Service Sign Up and Onboarding, as well as new gamification and personalisation features.
What Excites Us:
- You’ll demonstrate ~5 years experience as a Product Manager working for a high growth, consumer focused start-up or scale-up business.
- A background in contributing to the full product life-cycle from discovery through to delivery, collaborating with customers, design, and engineering to build consumer centric products
- Experience collaborating cross-functionally, with design, engineering and commercial teams, to deliver API focused products.
- Exposure to building products to enable development teams with knowledge of API management, standards, documentation and principles.
- Outstanding communication skills, with the ability to effectively manage multiple stakeholders across the business.
During our interview process you’ll be assessed based on technical capability, motivation and values alignment.
We aim to complete the process within 2 - 3 weeks, but we can adapt based on your availability and you will have regular communication with your talent partner throughout the process.
🌴 25 days holiday + bank holidays
🧠 All permanent employees receive extra days off to help boost their well-being when they need it
🏢 We have a hybrid structure to allow flexibility between home and office based working. You will therefore be expected to be in our London office (145 City Road, nr Old Street) a minimum of 4 days a month. 2 fixed days and 2 flex days
🚀 Participation in the Employee Options pool giving you ownership in WeGift and participation in the upside
🚑 Private Medical + Dental Health Insurance with Bupa
💙 Pension scheme (3% contribution)
👶 Enhanced parental leave
📚 £1,000 annual L&D allowance to invest in mastering your craft, including accredited studies. Plus 6 days study leave per year
🖥️ £150 to create an awesome remote work experience
💷 Workplace Nursery benefit, where WeGift makes a contribution to your child's nursery for equipment, training, redecoration or anything else
⭐️ WeRecognise, where we shine the spotlight on exceptional employees every quarter who in turn get a £100 award in the eGift card of their choice
☕️ Staff perks with WeGift brands - discounts of up to 12% on coffee, weekly groceries, holidays, the list is endless
🎉 Quarterly team socials
🥪 Welcome lunches, where your team will eat together to celebrate new starters
🚴 Cycle to work scheme - save some £££ on buying a bike
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG