Joining Busuu means being part of one of the top EdTech companies in the world, a multiple award-winner recognised for its innovation and impact in language learning.
Busuu’s vision is to empower people through languages. We are the world’s largest online community for language learning, with 120+ million registered users. We make learning a language easy by combining AI-powered courses with feedback from our global community of native speakers and lesson content designed for real life.
Busuu is part of the global Chegg family. Chegg is the leading student-first connected learning platform and a NYSE listed company.
This is why we are rapidly becoming the language learning solution of choice for some of the largest and fastest growing companies worldwide. We are obsessed with improving learning outcomes and our clients appreciate us above all for our cutting edge technology, best in class learner engagement and how easily implemented and scalable our solutions are. Busuu can be tailored to specific industries and business needs, which means that our clients see their employees communicate more effectively which in turn means employees feel empowered to do their jobs. Through our reporting platform clients gain actionable insights and run language learning programmes with visible results to demonstrate positive impact.
If you are interested in EdTech and want to be a part of a mission-driven organisation then we would like to hear from you.
What does a Senior Sales Development Representative do at Busuu
We are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial person to help us grow in the DACH business market. You will be working closely with the Business Development Manager and fellow SDRs to prospect new opportunities.
This role is on the leading edge of our expansion with fantastic opportunities for progression within Busuu as we continue to grow.
What will you do at Busuu?
- Build a new business pipeline with new sales opportunities
- Qualify opportunities and identify and engage with key stakeholders
- Work closely with the sales and marketing teams to find ways of generating new leads
- Plan & execute targeted email campaigns and carefully plan your outreach strategy
- Respond to and qualify incoming sales leads
- Booking appointments for the BDMs with the intention of them conducting prospective client meetings & presenting our product
- Report to sales manager with weekly, monthly, and quarterly results, produce credible and qualified pipeline reports
- Lead sourcing: researching and building lists of potential clients.
- Cold calling & pitching aforementioned lists and telephone sourced prospects.
- Convert inbound leads into prospects by organising demonstrations.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 2+ years experience in a Sales Development Representative (SDR) or Business Development Representative (BDR) role (or equivalent)
- Worked in an outbound, high frequency / activity sales environment
- Have knowledge about BANT, SPIN, SCOTSMAN or MEDDICC methodologies
- Must have experience with tools - Linkedin, Salesforce, Hubspot
- Willing to travel & attend external events
- Previously supported senior sales reps + marketing
- Fluency in German and English languages
- Strong written and verbal communication skills via phone, email and social selling channels (linkedin & video)
- Ability to connect with prospects and seek out key stakeholders
- Proven creative problem-solving approach
- Strong analytical skills able to track and measure and improve your personal performance
- Ambitious with a hunger to learn and develop
- Test, measure & share mindset so we can become better as a team
Bonus Skills & Experience
- Direct experience of selling to companies in the DACH market
- Social Selling techniques, ABM + Volume Strategies & KPI’s
- Sales certifications/training
At Busuu we want to ensure that you have access to some great benefits:
- Our centrally located offices are well-equipped with free breakfast, plenty of snacks, fresh fruit, and free dinner of your choice if you need to stay late
- Busuu offers a great Private Health Insurance scheme
- There is a personal training budget just for you, so you can learn more in your field to ensure our employees can continuously grow and progress in their careers
- We like to support our teams with their work-life balance so we offer flexible working hours and a hybrid model of working
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Staying connected as a team is very important to us, so we have lots of social activities for you to join such as team lunches, Friday socials, quarterly team, and company events
What happens next
We aim to have a simple and speedy hiring process and we want to make sure that we are right for you as much as the other way around. The hiring process is the following steps:
- CV application review - We will review it as quickly as possible
- Let’s chat - Quick chat with our recruiter about your experience and the role
- A video call - Call with the hiring manager
- Task & Team Interviews
Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. We pride ourselves on embracing our differences, whether they're cultural, racial, religious, or otherwise. This means each one of us comes to work knowing that we have a voice – and a safe, judgment-free zone to speak freely.