Regulatory Reporting Manager
Salary: Dependent on Experience + up to 20% bonus (up to 5% paid quarterly) + benefits
Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday 09.00 - 17.00
Location: Flexible, we could support fully remote or hybrid working from any of our UK offices in London, Cardiff, Durham, Manchester, or Blackpool
We’re Tandem. The UK’s fairer, greener, digital bank providing hard working people across the UK with sustainable ways to borrow and save. We have more than 550 people in London, Blackpool, Cardiff, Durham and Manchester, all working together to create a fairer, greener, more accessible bank for people across the UK.We’re on a mission to help our customers proactively to reduce their carbon footprint and accelerate the UK to net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we need more people to help us achieve this goal.
We've taken the beliefs, behaviours, and personality and created four underpinning values. These values demonstrate our guiding principles and behaviours for everyone at Tandem. Our ambition is that these values are ingrained and always front of mind when we're engaging with our stakeholder audiences. Our values are BRAVE, ENTERPRISING, SIMPLE and TOGETHER.
We’re building an amazing team and we’re looking for a creative and diligent Regulatory Reporting Manager to support us on our journey. The role will focus on the delivery of Regulatory Reporting for the Bank including Capital and Liquidity with a focus on keeping pace with the continuing change of the regulatory reporting environment and developing further efficient, effective reporting.
- Responsible for the production of full suite of regulatory reports (COREP / FINREP / PRA / BoE) and the internal reporting of regulatory metrics.
- Ensure all reporting requirements are met within deadlines and to the highest standard of accuracy.
- Support initiatives to improve processes, controls and documentation.
- Review and challenge data inputs and outputs, ensuring that regulatory information is prepared and disclosed in a consistent manner.
- Support the development of regulatory reporting to accommodate business growth plans.
- Manage project work relating to new regulatory reporting requirements, ultimately implementing developments into BAU.
- Ability to explain regulatory concepts and reporting requirements, including capital calculations, ratios and workings.
- Maintain an up to date and detailed understanding of regulatory reporting requirements and ensure that these are reflected in policies and procedures, working files and regulatory reporting submissions.
- Build effective relationships with other teams (particularly Treasury and Risk).
The Person: Essential Knowledge & Experience
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent.
- Experience of preparing, reviewing and submitting regulatory returns within a UK regulated Bank (ideally retail banking).
- Detailed knowledge of Basel 3 / CRD IV (including COREP) is essential, and an understanding of upcoming regulatory change would be advantageous.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to understand and investigate complex issues.
- Strong Excel skills, and experience of working with manual spreadsheet processes.
- Evidence of driving process and control improvements.
- Experience of working in a challenger bank environment would be an advantage.
- Proactive, energetic and professional.
- Stakeholder management.
- Highly organised and able to prioritise effectively.
- The initiative and curiosity to challenge current processes and develop effective alternative solutions.