Who are we?
Abel & Cole has pioneered organic, ethical and sustainable food delivery for over 30 years. Doing things better is our bread and butter; from saving over 60 million plastic bags by using reusable boxes for our food deliveries, to finding alternatives to plastic long before it hit the headlines. We are forever challenging ourselves to find the most positive way to do business and want everyone to eat organic because it’s one way to save the future. It’s these values that enabled us to become B Corp certified; an optional audit we’ve gone through to recognise how we put people and planet before profit, as well as help us find room for further improvement.
We’re looking for more people to join our team of over 600, to share our passion for doing the right thing even bigger and better than we do already. In a fast paced and competitive market, we know it’s our people who make the difference. We’ve learnt how important it is to recognise, develop and promote from within; and that trusting people lets them come up with the best ideas and that helps our entrepreneurial spirit to thrive.
Want to see more?
Check us out at: www.abelandcole.co.uk, https://bcorporation.net/directory/abel-cole, and Instagram
First things first; this is not just any customer service role. Our wonderful team is the voice of Abel & Cole to our customers, and the voice of our customers to Abel & Cole. Here, you will have the opportunity to have a real impact on the service we provide. We are passionate about giving our customers the best possible experience when they get in touch with us, so our hope is that you will be just as passionate about ensuring that this transpires.
You’ll be answering all manner of queries and questions over the phone and email. Anything from setting up new customer accounts to finding out what seasonal veg is in our All British Veg box this week. There are no scripts, but a real emphasis on letting your own personality shine through in the conversations you have with our customers. We’ll give you comprehensive training to get the ball rolling, and to ensure that you know your carrot from your Coeur de Boeuf tomato, but we’ll also encourage you to learn more about the areas in the business that you’re interested in and support you to really make the role your own.
Contract: Permanent, Full time
Place of work: Plough Lane, South Wimbledon
Hours: 7.5 hours per day scheduled on an 8.5-hour shift between the hours of 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Weekend hours are 9am-5pm.
Weekend work is rota based, you’ll be expected to work up to three weekend shifts in a month (at the moment, these are just Saturdays, but at peak times some Sunday work would be encouraged). We are also open on Bank Holidays.
• Assisting our customers over the phone,
• Replying to customer emails in a personal, yet professional way,
• Act as an ambassador for our B Corp values: make all decisions with our social and environmental impact in mind and look for opportunities, no matter how small, to use our business as a force for good
• Adhere to the Quality Framework, ensuring performance targets are met daily and accuracy targets are achieved
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Passionate about delivering a personal customer experience
• Previous customer service experience is desirable, but not essential
• Basic IT skills, as appropriate systems training will be provided
• Takes great pride in their work
• Eager to learn and progress
• People person, with a ‘can do’ attitude
• Keen interest in food and what Abel & Cole stands for.
What we offer:
• Salary of £23,400 per annum (FTE)
• Weekly working hours: 37.5 per week, Mon-Sat (5 out of 6 days)
• 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays (FTE)
• A free box of fruit and veg every week (It’s pretty delicious!)
• Up to 35% discount on A&C products.
• Discounted cooked lunch.
• Discounted staff shop.
• Cycle to Work Scheme.
• Contributory pension scheme.
Abel & Cole promotes equal opportunities for all employees. We want our employees to feel they can be themselves at work and develop their talents to the full. Members of staff are expected to take personal responsibility for keeping our workplace free from discrimination, harassment, and bullying - a place where everyone is treated fairly and respectfully.
To support Abel & Cole’s commitment to inclusion and diversity, we ask that you remove all personal details from your CV. This includes removal of home address, D.O.B and place of education.