South Pole is an energetic, global company offering comprehensive sustainability solutions and services. With offices spanning all continents across the globe, we strive to create a sustainable society and economy that positively impacts our climate, ecosystems and developing communities. With our solutions, we inspire and enable our customers to create value from sustainability-related activities.
Our Consultancy & Advisory Services team provides our clients with outstanding technical expertise that enables the successful implementation of complex sustainability projects. Our expertise spans across multiple topics including land and water management, climate strategies, renewable energies, environmental impact assessments, green products, climate policy, carbon pricing, climate finance, and sustainable finance, to name just a few. If you are a smart, ambitious and dynamic sustainability professional with a strong passion to make a real difference in the fight against climate change, the below position may be right for you!
The transformation to a net-zero emissions economy requires private companies to set ambitious climate targets and engage in bold climate action. The purpose of this leadership role is to create environmental impact and drive South Pole’s Climate Solutions business in Asia and the Middle East. This is a pivotal role for South Pole and will require an experienced leader to oversee our CS business activities in the region.
You will establish the regional go-to-market strategy, own the annual budget and be accountable for the business performance of Asia and the Middle East. You will also work in close collaboration with our global marketing and solutions teams to tailor our offering to the local market and provide client feedback to seize opportunities by developing new solutions.
To achieve this, you will lead, develop, and inspire our multifaceted and passionate regional team to deliver strong value to all our clients and to advance the climate agenda with impact and pride in a dynamic and fast-paced working environment.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
- Strategy: Lead and drive South Pole’s Climate Solutions business in Asia by defining and implementing the regional go-to-market strategy and ensuring South Pole has the resources and ability to deliver environmental impact and commercial results.
- Team Development: Lead, develop and inspire the regional business development, key account management, marketing and solutions teams to ensure they deliver to their fullest potential.
- Business Development: Grow South Pole’s client base and market presence in Asia by driving the identification and creation of new business opportunities, designing and overseeing regional marketing activities, and negotiating and closing deals with existing and new clients.
- Client Experience: Ensure a smooth and inspiring client experience, from the first contact until the successful delivery of our solutions.
- Solutions Development: Contribute to the improvement of existing and development of new solutions by providing client and market feedback to the solution owners and marketing team.
- Budget Responsibility: Establish and own the annual regional budget of the Climate Solutions business line in close collaboration with Practice Leads and be accountable for the financial performance of the region.
- Commercial Accountability: Ensure sound commercial judgment by taking accountability for the conclusion of business agreements with clients and business partners in the region.
- Represent & Inspire: Represent South Pole in meetings and at events and inspire clients, partners and employees to accelerate the fight against climate change.
- Strong drive and desire to help solve one of the world’s biggest challenges - climate change - with compelling, scientifically robust and commercially sound solutions
- Have commercial experience with carbon offsets, renewable energy and sustainability consulting, amongst other products.
- Understand key drivers and trends in the carbon markets (voluntary and compliance) in Asia and the Middle East
- University degree in Environmental Sciences, Business or another relevant discipline
- Senior people management and commercial management capacity with extensive relevant experience
- Several years of experience in a senior commercial or business development leader position
- Working experience in sustainability, or at least a strong understanding of the most important drivers for corporate climate action
- Strong business acumen and proven track record in relationship building and negotiation with clients, and relevant business associations
- Experience in strategy development, execution, management and budget setting
- Outstanding leadership skills, with the ability to inspire action and get the best out of people
- Proven track record of managing cross-functional, high-performing and diverse teams and achieving strong results through them
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication and collaboration skills to build relationships and partner effectively with both clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Excellent spoken and written English, with additional language fluency in the Asian region very desirable
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Experience in scaling up a fast-growing team in the context of a highly competitive market environment
- Experience in senior consultancy work
- Existing network with large companies in Asia
- Strong quantitative skills, with the ability to use data and metrics to draw conclusions and inform decisions
What we offer:
At South Pole, we care about our employees as much as we care about the planet. South Pole is not just an employer, we are a Team. South Pole does not just offer people a job, we offer you a career. By joining our team, you will find strong purpose and deep meaning in everything you do. You will have the chance to make a real difference for our clients and for the planet, working alongside a passionate team of like-minded colleagues, while building your knowledge/skills and developing your career in a fun, dynamic, international and fast-growing organisation.
We’re a planet of 7.5 billion unique and different people. We all have a contribution to make; South Pole is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status or disability. Our recruitment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.