Now more than ever, people want every experience to be instant and on-demand. And when it comes to getting paid, people want their cash yesterday. But every year organisations waste time, money, and energy sending more than $20 Trillion in payouts to individuals using cash, checks, credit, debit, prepaid, and gift cards! Held back by the legacy banking systems, crushed by the costs and complexity of credit cards there is this monster industry still lingering in the digital dark ages.
At WeGift we’re changing all that. We’ve built our proprietary payment rails that enable any organisation to send money to any individual, anywhere, instantly. No bank account required. No insane interchange fees. We even get up to 25% in commissions from retailers for driving sales which we pass on to our customers. It’s discounted money! We’re throwing away the old model, and transforming how we move and use money forever.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
You can read more about our team here - Diversity & Inclusion
As we continue to scale our technology teams we’re looking for a Principal Security Specialist to lead and mature our Information Security practices while delivering on the Security Roadmap. You’ll collaborate with and advise our Senior Leadership Team on adopting scalable and effective security best practice company wide as well as work closely with our Engineering team to ensure our Platform remains secure and compliant.
What Excites You:
- Building out world-class security practices and controls within a high growth financial technology business
- Reviewing and improving existing security controls, policies, procedures and standards to mitigate risk to our growing platform and teams
- Leading and contributing as part of a small focussed team on all aspects of Security
- Leverage your expertise to upskill and develop other team members
- Working in a cross-functional environment with engineers, product designers and other teams to help build a secure end product
What Excites Us:
- Expertise in the InfoSec space, ideally within a high growth technology business
- A solid grounding in Cloud, Application, Infrastructure, Network, IT and Software Development Lifecycle security
- Experience applying effective processes and controls to comply with industry standards, regulations and audits, such as ISO27001, SOC, PCI-DSS, GDPR, OWASP
- AWS Security/DevSec experience
- Information Security related education or accreditations
Take a look under the hood of life at WeGift from our employees perspective. This handbook built using Notion.so is what we use to navigate both the serene and choppy waters when needed. You might need to copy and paste the following link into your browser as job boards don't allow us to add hyperlinks - https://bit.ly/2PluGyG