Chess.com is one of the largest gaming sites in the world and the #1 platform for playing, learning, and enjoying chess.
We are a team of 600+ fully remote people in 60+ countries working hard to serve the global chess community. We are here to support 100M+ chess players worldwide with the best possible product, content, and tools to serve the community!
We are a tech company. A gaming company. A content company. And we do it all with passion and commitment to the game. Above all we prize our mission-driven, flat, life-celebrating, no-corporate culture, and we look forward to meeting you and learning more about what you can bring to the team.
You love building things. You inspire, serve, mentor, and organize. You have been working on software for years, and it would be a dream for you to use your talent and experience to build chess. You want to work for a passion-driven company full of warm, funny, brilliant, diverse humans.
What You’ll Do
- Work with our CEO and broader team to plan and execute the product roadmap
- Serve our amazing product / project managers to help them thrive and grow
- Manage our Notion -> JIRA -> Done workstreams
- Identify and own product KPIs, with the support of Product and Business Analysts, to meet our product goals
- Work closely with Product Design to make sure we delight our community
- Organize our team to make sure our processes are in place to stay on schedule and regularly deliver greatness
- See the world through the eyes of our customers as you obsess over small product details without losing the bigger picture
- Drive innovation, be a critical and vocal influence on product roadmap decisions
- Communicate cross-organizationally with support and content teams to keep a pulse on the global chess community and their response to our products
- Partner with Engineering to manage the delivery of features across web, iOS, and Android
- Help us build out our Product Marketing capabilities
- 7+ years of product ownership / project management in software
- 3+ years of management experience
- Deep expertise in JIRA and the product lifecycle
- Understanding of chess and current chess products and features on the market
About the Opportunity
- This is a full-time position
- We are 100% remote (work from anywhere!)
- This position is open to applicants who can work in the USA or Canada
You can learn more about us here: