Since 2011, General Assembly (GA) has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in today’s most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, and The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, marketing, and more, both online and at campuses across multiple countries. Our global professional community boasts more than 95,000 full- and part-time alumni — and counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top diverse tech talent and spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500, and Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is seeking an Instructor Coordinator to support high quality learning experiences on our Sydney team.
General Assembly’s success depends on the passion and quality of our instructional teams, which are made up of top industry professionals from a variety of fields including data science, software development and design. The Instructor Coordinator’s role is to hire, coach and support these individuals as they work to facilitate effective instruction. Working in close partnership with local and Global teams, the Instructor Coordinator will ensure that GA classrooms are staffed with the right mix of instructors who are eager and ready to share their expertise with our students.
- Develop a strong, diverse bench of instructional talent to staff current and future cohorts
- Identify and select qualified industry professionals with promising instructional capabilities, including matters of diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice in teaching and learning, to ensure the best practitioners are hired for instructional roles
- Partner with Regional Director or Director of Client Success to achieve profit margin goals through accurate financial forecasting and strategic hiring
- Plan and staff appropriate instructional teams to ensure they are the right size and mix to meet the needs of diverse learners
- Partner with colleagues in Sales, Student/Client Success, and Outcomes to support a responsive feedback loop that delivers consistent messaging to learners throughout their journey
- Facilitate onboarding for each instructional team member that sets them up for success on day 1 by orienting them to the curriculum, internal processes, their team, and basic adult learning theory & instructional practices they can use to effectively support diverse learners
Coaching & retention
- Maintain coaching relationships with instructional team to ensure positive classroom culture and successful learning outcomes, and strategize opportunities to support students who have diverse learning needs
- Work with other GA delivery colleagues to ensure delivery quality targets are met and all stakeholders are informed and actively coordinating on supporting individual students
- Implement standards of instructional quality with individuals and teams of instructors
- Observe instruction and provide coaching to address issues and support continuous growth of instructors on instructional delivery, classroom culture, and DEI strategies
- Monitor and manage course quality and progress by regularly reviewing student learning, experience, and feedback dat and formulate action plans based on data
- Cultivate meaningful, honest relationships with each instructor to work together on shared goals
- Understand each instructor’s goals and needs and problem solve on ways to better improve their experience and support their development
- Experience in successfully managing multiple team members, ideally in an education or corporate training setting
- Experience leading hiring processes, including sourcing candidates and conducting interviews that select effective candidates
- Experience delivering and facilitating learning or training experiences, ideally for adult learners
- Ability to effectively evaluate instruction and provide actionable coaching to improve student learning
- Experience in discussing and training educators in conversations about diversity, equity, inclusion and justice
- Plans & aligns
- Attracts top talent
- Develops talent
- Interpersonal savvy
- Technical skill: Developing instructional leadership
This remote position can only be performed from Australia.
Unless otherwise noted, remote positions can be performed from the following approved General Assembly operating countries.
United States of America (states of operation may vary), Canada (provinces of operation may vary), United Kingdom, Australia, and Singapore.