Feast It is using technology to build a better global events industry.
We’ve built a curated platform connecting the best suppliers to the most exciting events, from dinner parties for 20, to nationwide virtual events for 2,000, and right up to the UK’s most famous festivals. We believe that every event deserves incredible food, drink and entertainment and we are building the technology to unlock it for everyone.
We’ve brought together an incredible community of the nation’s finest event suppliers, from independent photographers, mixologists and florists, to the finest chefs and restaurants in the world such as Nobu, Bao, and Honest Burger. And yes, joining us means a lot of free food and tickets to events...
Only four years into our journey, our clients include everyone from Amazon, Nike and London Pride, to Tom Cruise, Star Wars and Taylor Swift. We have seen nothing but rapid growth and were named the 7th most exciting startup in the UK in 2020, were finalists in the 2019 Natwest Entrepreneur Awards, have been featured in pretty much every major publication including; The Guardian, The Times, Techcrunch, The FT and have been named in the top 15 in Tempo’s 50 Best Places to Work. We have also attracted more than £5m in funding over multiple rounds from some of the UK’s finest investors including Tim Score (Chairman of British Land), MAHR Projects, Ascension Ventures, Guy Berryman (member of Coldplay) and Richard Pennycook (Chairman of On The Beach and Boparen, former THG Chair) who has joined us as Chair.
About the role
Do you want to work in a tech-based start-up that is changing and disrupting an industry?
Do you love working in a business full of intelligent, talented, innovative, and friendly people?
How about working for a company that creates meaningful events and memories that last a lifetime?
Then maybe we should talk.
We've made huge strides forward with an established product and engineering team, evolving from a simple catering agency to a holistic platform. However, we’re still just at the beginning of our journey.
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to help us build the technology to power the best events in the world, connecting the most incredible suppliers with the most unique events. Sounds cool, right?
Our Development Culture
We've built a strong development culture over the last few years and we're proud of it. Our development team is the heart of the company, which means you'll get a lot of input and transparency across the entire business.
- All code is peer-reviewed, regardless of developer level and done with a focus on improving / teaching.
- We provide outside opportunities to ensure we all improve as developers e.g. attend conferences, funding for courses, books, etc.
- We work in sprints as a team, with tasks worked on collaboratively across the team rather than individual silos.
- We value a mentorship culture, creating opportunities in work to improve both technical and core skills.
We use the following Tools and Technologies
- TypeScript for writing the bulk of our application code
- Node.js, Express, GraphQL and Prisma for our API runtime and framework
- Postgres for our databases
- Sequelize for our ORM between our applications to our databases
- Docker for bundling up our applications and deploying them to the world
- AWS for our infrastructure, including S3, RDS, RedShift, CodePipeline, Elasticache, and ECS
- React for our front-end applications
- You’re proactive, with a positive can-do attitude
- You have excellent problem solving skills
- You’re passionate about sharing knowledge and experience
- Our mission excites you and you have extremely high standards both for your own code and practises but the rest of the team as well
- You have experience with Agile methodologies
- You have at least 3 years experience in professional software development
- You have good knowledge of Typescript and can write code in a clean and functional way
- You have experience with React (React hooks, Context API, Suspense) in a professional setting
- You have knowledge and experience of UX/UI design
- You are comfortable working with modern APIs including GraphQL
- You are confident working with designs and wireframes and turning them into responsive pages and components
- You have good knowledge of testing practises, and can test a module with unit tests efficiently
We are passionate about equal opportunities and improving the tech industry for the better, so if you are from an underrepresented background then we would particularly love to hear from you.
This role is available fully remote in the UK or hybrid, visiting our London office as often as you want.
- Join an award-winning, fast-scaling start-up on the next part of our journey
- Generous holiday allowance
- Pension contribution
- Generous option awards
- Invites and ticket to food and event industry events
- Significant discounts at London’s best restaurants and bars
- We are a climate positive workforce through our partner Ecologi
- You’ll be part of a fun and passionate team who genuinely enjoy each other’s company