At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
As an Operations Executive within Beam Homes, you will be supporting disadvantaged people on their remarkable journey out of homelessness, and into their own home in the private rented sector.
This is a great opportunity for someone who loves speaking to new people, building relationships, and wants to have an outsized social impact by housing the homeless.
If you’re a talented problem solver who’s excited to join a passionate team scaling a multi-award-winning Tech for Good, we’d love to hear from you! Read more about our company culture in Beam Life.
- Supporting vulnerable people practically and emotionally to find suitable homes for them and their families
- Finding and persuading landlords to rent their properties via Beam and ensuring a seamless experience for all stakeholders
- Building partnerships with landlords and agencies
- Suggesting and iterating operational improvements to our housing model
- Owning data projects and supporting on analysis
- Managing a large caseload of people using Beam with confidence and clear boundary-setting
- Working empathetically and in a solutions-focused way with people who’ve been through difficult experiences
- Humble, empathetic, hungry to learn
- Confident with pitching and selling the Beam service to landlords
- Organised, process-driven, and analytical
- At home in ever-changing, fast-paced environments
- Emotionally mature and adaptable
- Excited about the possibilities of tech to bring change
- Keen to bring your true, open self to work
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent sales proficiency when speaking to landlords
- Compassion for people in tough situations
- Comfort with multi-tasking and juggling priorities
- Confidence with using Google Sheets and/or Excel
- Resilience and a positive attitude
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful coworking space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups for 2022. We’re also proud to be rated a top company to work for Escape the City, Tempo and The Dots.
We’re committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here and we love to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage. 63% of the people we support are from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we serve these people best when we’re a diverse and inclusive team
- Salary of £25-35K – highly competitive in the tech for good and social enterprise space
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Shoreditch office or at home (2 days in the office, 3 from home)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We have a four-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our talent manager
- Timed practical test, giving you a better sense of the role
- Short pitch and presentation with the Operations Team
- 2-3 final interviews with people at Beam
- We are accepting rolling applications for this role, with no fixed close date
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide visa sponsorship to candidates
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.