At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives with a culture where you can be yourself, have fun and progress rapidly.
About the role
This is an opportunity for an exceptional Customer Success leader to expand Beams footprint with Government partners and supercharge our successful Government Partnership business into a renowned UK-Wide service.
As Head of Customer Success you will be leading a growing and successful Customer Success team responsible for the majority of our revenue and social impact today.
A proven Customer Success leader with an exceptional track record, you are excited to deliver world-class customer service and roll up your sleeves to grow the impact of Beam’s partnerships.
This role reports to Beams Chief of Staff Rachel and is London based, with a minimum two days per week in our London office.
We are unfortunately unable to sponsor visas at this time.
- Owning business critical KPIs - revenue growth & customer NPS
- Developing the Customer Success strategy and overseeing the delivery and expansion of government partnerships across the UK
- Delivering a world class service to our partners, rapidly evolving our approach to continually raise the bar on what good looks like
- Proving yourself a courageous leader who can build a high performance, results driven culture which aligns with our values
- Working cross functionally with other leaders, including Sales, Operations and Product, to develop and deliver our overall government growth strategy, including developing new propositions which grow our impact
- Highly proactive and excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to make things happen
- An inspirational and pragmatic leader, you know how to manage and get the best out of a team
- Results driven and deeply analytical; as comfortable digging into data as you are working collaboratively with your team
- Action-oriented and highly adaptable - you're a natural problem solver able to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- Excited about working at the intersection of commercial growth and operational delivery
- Significant experience in account management or customer success leadership in a startup or early stage environment
- Exceptional communication and writing skills - you can adjust your style to the audience and communicate clearly, concisely and positively
- A track record for implementing at pace and building out simple processes in a rapidly scaling team
- A track record of achieving revenue growth targets as both an individual and team leader
- Ideal: experience working with public sector partners and a demonstrable interest in government
We’re a team of over 70 working from our beautiful coworking space in Shoreditch and from home. We’ve picked up an armful of awards for our work (including one from our former Queen!) We’re one of the 10 hottest startups in London, according to WIRED magazine and one of LinkedIn’s Top 15 UK Startups for 2022.
We’re proud to be rated a top company to work for by Escape the City and The Dots and are committed to hiring diversely and inclusively. You don’t need a degree to work here. We especially want to hear from ethnic minority candidates and/or those who’ve experienced social disadvantage.
63% of people we support come from ethnic minority backgrounds and 17% have disabilities. We believe we can serve these people best when we’re a diverse, inclusive team.
- Salary of £70,000- £90,000 – highly competitive in the tech for good and social enterprise space
- EMI-qualifying share options
- Annual company retreat
- New laptop – choose between a MacBook Air or PC
- £500 personal development budget
- Regular team talks from leading UK tech entrepreneurs
- 1:1 workplace coaching with More Happi
- Hundreds of perks, discounts and freebies from Perkbox
- Free subscription to Calm meditation app
- Discounted bike and accessories with Cyclescheme
- Unlimited holiday (we recommend ~25 days + Bank Holidays per year)
- Hybrid working from our Shoreditch office or at home (min 2 days in the office)
- Your own financial wellbeing coach, through Bippit
We take hiring seriously. We have a five-stage interview process, giving you plenty of time to learn about Beam while we get to know you.
- 30-minute video call with our talent team
- 60 minute scenarios-based interview
- Strategic presentation with Beam’s Senior Leadership Team
- Working session with a couple of members of the team you'll lead
- Final culture and values meetings with members of the Beam team
Start your journey to a more impactful career today. We're excited to hear from you.